Home

First NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Details Revealed

This is a discussion on First NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Details Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #305
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: First NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Details Revealed

I am hoping come May 23, they release the info of...

- Coach ratings
- DC/OC can only recruit that side of the ball
- Coaches take their schemes with them
- Coaches take their staffs sometimes with them
- Players will transfer with a coach on occasion
- Players won't like a coach who has had 5 jobs in 15 years
- A 4-3 LB will not want to play for a 3-4 DC unless he is really prestigious

Those are just some basics I want to see. Those would take CC to a new level better than 2k8.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #306
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Yeah I get what you are saying. In the right hands that could be a pretty fun and interactive change of pace. Personally I feel the players progress rather well in dynasty rating wise but I definitely think the height/weight stuff needs work...
I'm going to disagree. I wanted to start a thread about this but I'll just quote your post and get feed back. As some players progress too slow or not enough some players progress too fast IMO. When you get the game there are no 99 rated players but by time it's over there are about 20 on any given team. I think progressions should be 4 parts. Player Potential, Playing Time, Production and Coaching and should be assigned random weights. Some players get better being on the field and others a red shirt year benefits them more. I also think 95 ratings should be preserved for the truly great.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #307
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
This is amazing! I'm stoked for this game!

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned (to answer some people's questions) since I didn't wanna read through all 31 pages, but didn't one of the articles about this say you can change conference alignments after each season? Pretty sure it did.
1:27 mark in the video, as he hovers over "Custom Conferences" it says "Move any school to any conference, rename divisions, tweak scheduling rules, and much more! Additional changes can be made after each season."
Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #308
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i agree about the goals. The goals they had were so basic and easy. I'm liking the challenge of reaching goals and its realistic to what coaches really do. I coach high school football and before every season i set specific goals for my defense. Obviously the game by game goal of winning each game is there as is the big goal of going undefeated but i also like to set some goals like not allowing a certain amount of points, getting a certain amount of turnovers, a certain amount of picks for the DBs, sacks for the DL & LBs. Its a nice motivation factor and is a real thing that coaches do so it was cool to see them add something realistic like that.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #309
Rookie

OVR: 2
i like what they are doing with the dynasty mode!!!!!!!!!! they are bring back all of the old features from the ps2/xbox days!!!!!!!! now, if the GAMEPLAY looks up to par then i will rent the game in test it out. but buying it, nope EA has lied to me for 7yrs so i dont trust them, but it does sound promising!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #310
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

another addition that would be interesting if they added it is coming up with contracts for out of conference games. Thats more AD than coach related but i just thought of it since Notre Dame and Stanford just extended their series.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #311
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Coaching carousel is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Haven't read, but if true, great find!

Just finished it up and holy ****!!! This sounds amazing. Hopefully coaches bring in styles with them and have ratings.
Thats the first thing I was thinking. If coaches bring their personal style with them to new programs it would liven up the gameplay. No more dink and dunk AI hopefully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #312
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by APF 2K8
Haha, even I can say that today, no they don't.

Honest to God, if they put it in I would call myself an EA fanboy. But the thing is, I don't get how they don't want it in. It's the hot topic in college football right now. I mean, even when the season is going on, it's still the hottest topic. It would be sooooo easy to market. Say 'hey, everyone who wants a college football playoff, we've got it over here!'
With EA having an exclusive contract do you think the NCAA will let them put it in? This is a serious question not a rhetorical one.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »