Home

Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #73
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

I think it is up to you guys to decide when you want to stop talking about last-gen games.

I think it would be really hard for Madden to catch those franchises in one year in the presentation department. I also think football games are at a disadvantage in this area because there are a lot more players on the field, and the pace of play is not really conducive to certain presentation elements that video game football can really highlight and keep fresh.
That's an unusual view to have. It's up to us to stop talking about last-gen games? Madden hasn't had "one year" to catch those franchises - they've had at least six. As well as more powerful hardware to work with. That they haven't taken advantage of the situation is their fault, not ours imo.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #74
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I didn't see anything about a new collision based tackling and blocking system. I also didn't see beefed up zone defense, WR shading, expanded rosters, authentic camera angles, real team entrances, correct sized football, user diving catches, 3 man, and double hit tackles, ball physics improvement, speed rushing, and this what we know before May.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I really don't think you can compare Madden 09's features with 12.

I'm not saying 12 will be great because of these features, but it looks like they are putting a lot more effort in this time around.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was about to post.

Wheelman, aside from increased uniform and field degradation being added back, majority of that other stuff from Madden 09 is still in Madden 11. If you were referring to the tackling, protak was added in Madden 10 and seems to have canceled out most of the two man tackles available in Madden 09. Now with protak out, two man tackles are available again and they also added the collision system which allows a third tackler to either knock over the strum or knock off another tackler to steal the tackle but risk freeing the runner. Also the tackle button and point of contact is new to this system.

Madden 09, heck even Madden 11 and the things they are describing to be in Madden 12, aren't even close, IMO.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
That's an unusual view to have. It's up to us to stop talking about last-gen games? Madden hasn't had "one year" to catch those franchises - they've had at least six. As well as more powerful hardware to work with. That they haven't taken advantage of the situation is their fault, not ours imo.
I really don't think that was the angle Chase was trying to create. What I got out of it, was, he was referring to this year with all the presentation upgrades that appear to be transpiring with Madden. I thought he meant it will take more than this year to beat out the competition with presentation. I don't think he intended to hammer away at the 6yr issue like you did.

And my take on "It's up to us" is that whenever someone feels that presentation in Madden has beaten the competition, then it up to us to proclaim it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

And it's not an unfair expectation either. EA is getting DIRECT help from CBS and ESPN in creating their overlays and presentation this year. If that's not enough to finally get them near 2k, then I honestly don't know what will. More time certainly isn't going to do it. As you said, they've already had 6+ years (3 years if you want to "only" count Ian's tenure).

And this isn't a last gen issue either. We're comparing them to consoles games this generation.

Last edited by Nab_Impervious_XII; 05-01-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #77
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I really don't think that was the angle Chase was trying to create. What I got out of it, was, he was referring to this year with all the presentation upgrades that appear to be transpiring with Madden. I thought he meant it will take more than this year to beat out the competition with presentation. I don't think he intended to hammer away at the 6yr issue like you did.

And my take on "It's up to us" is that whenever someone feels that presentation in Madden has beaten the competition, then it up to us to proclaim it.
Huh? I wasn't trying to "hammer away at the 6yr issue". It is what it is - period. At this point imo, beating out what was done six years ago should be expected. It's really not much of an accomplishment. If the game still doesn't put those comparisons to rest, then that speaks to where the game has been/is in the presentation department - nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure we all appreciate improved presentation, but it deserves context. The question posed was:

"Chase do you think that the presentation upgrades made to madden 12 will finally put the LAST GEN football game comparisons to rest?"

I'm sorry but if the game isn't putting those comparisons to rest given the circumstances then it is what it is

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #78
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Why would you possibly bother?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:50 AM   #79
Rookie

CFTejada's Arena

OVR: 7

Noticed they aren't any double teams during pass plays; will this be fixed?

Falcons
Braves
Bulldogs
Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Huh? I wasn't trying to "hammer away at the 6yr issue". It is what it is - period. At this point imo, beating out what was done six years ago should be expected. It's really not much of an accomplishment. If the game still doesn't put those comparisons to rest, then that speaks to where the game has been/is in the presentation department - nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure we all appreciate improved presentation, but it deserves context. The question posed was:

"Chase do you think that the presentation upgrades made to madden 12 will finally put the LAST GEN football game comparisons to rest?"

I'm sorry but if the game isn't putting those comparisons to rest given the circumstances then it is what it is
Then you completely missed my point and focused more on the hammering point.

Bottom line, it's up to each individual when to declare or proclaim Madden has the best presentation. He is saying it wasn't his call. That is what it is-too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »