Home

Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #49
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I agree. We don't want EA presentation! We want CBS/ESPN presentation. If EA's presentation ideas were so good, don't you think we would already be seeing them on Sundays. IMO, it is pretty arrogant to think a bunch of software engineers can come up with "better" presentation ideas then the people who do it for a living.

That and the fact there is no pre-game or halftime show is REALLY disappointing.
"True Broadcast

One of the things I think Madden fans will be most excited about is our broadcast presentation. Our mantra was “Go to the experts.” You don't want a game developer’s version of an NFL broadcast, you want the real deal. We studied with multiple CBS football directors by having the entire presentation team studying inside the truck with unlimited access.We even got input from our own Hall of Fame broadcaster and namesake John Madden. Highlights include real broadcast camera locations for every stadium, all new stadium exteriors (seen more than 10 times per game on SNF), virtual cameras, virtual director logic, and new broadcast graphics designed by the geniuses behind MNF, SNF, and ESPN’s Sports Center."
http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/major-presentation-graphical-upgrades
Old 04-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #50
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
This is a big improvement over Madden's current in game presentation, but will it ever at least match 2k5's pre game, half time, post game or weekly wrap up? Not this year, if it took that much work to get it to this point. Maybe by M14.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #51
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
If EA does it right they really don't have to have a pre-game or halftime show. While I agree it would be cool, 2K11 doesn't have it. It just has some well placed introductory commentary, as well as, halftime commentary over some key player highlights. Which serves the purpose well, short of a pregame or haltime show. But what really carries the 2k11 series commentary is the fact that it is dynamic they talk about your last game, upcoming matchups, as well as, last year matchups and stats. And most of all the ability of the commentary to tell the story of the current game is unmatch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 34
nice nice. It looks like the series is getting a much needed shot of personality
Old 04-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #53
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I agree. We don't want EA presentation! We want CBS/ESPN presentation. If EA's presentation ideas were so good, don't you think we would already be seeing them on Sundays. IMO, it is pretty arrogant to think a bunch of software engineers can come up with "better" presentation ideas then the people who do it for a living.

That and the fact there is no pre-game or halftime show is REALLY disappointing.
Didn't we just read about how the developers were given a lessen by the CBS crew on broadcast presentation? And didn't EA work with ESPN and another company to create the assets for a better presentation lay out? I didn't dream this, right?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #54
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Didn't we just read about how the developers were given a lessen by the CBS crew on broadcast presentation? And didn't EA work with ESPN and another company to create the assets for a better presentation lay out? I didn't dream this, right?
Haha, no. I read that too.

EA took the same route than 2K did, getting people that actually work in the TV biz to help with the game.

While I DO understand why people want presentation from a real TV channel being in the game, I DON'T understand why ones think that without a real life TV logo that the presentation can't be good, especially since NBA 2k11 has fantastic presentation even though it doesn't use the logo(s) of a real life TV network.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

Why does it matter if its ESPN, CBS, or EA? Good presentation is good presentation. NBA 2K and MLB The Show don't use either one of those presenation templates and they do just fine in this department.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #56
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Why does it matter if its ESPN, CBS, or EA? Good presentation is good presentation. NBA 2K and MLB The Show don't use either one of those presenation templates and they do just fine in this department.
Exactly. Good presentation is good presentation regardless of what logo is on the game. Last year people went crazy over having ESPN logo on NCAA during games, but their overall presentation wasn't as good as people said. I thought their replay angles were really in strange locations and something you would never see on TV, but people loved it because it said ESPN

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »