Home

Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Chase do you think that the presentation upgrades made to madden 12 will finally put the LAST GEN football game comparisons to rest?

Secondly is it on par with nba 2k11 and mlb11 the show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #42
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
This is way I enjoy playing NBA 2K and The Show so much.

Now FINALLY....it looks like the game I've been waiting for most is getting a TRUE broadcast presentation.

Thank goodness!!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #43
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
700 camera angles? wow that is hard core, what an effort. I am stoked!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #44
Rookie

DePounded's Arena

OVR: 4
As a journalism major, I really appreciate your candor about EA paying your fare and not wanting to take their word for it on game play until you actually played it for yourself...seriously. Great write up as well--looks like Madden 12 might be one the next gen game we have been waiting for!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #45
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

Quote:
And the best part about all of this is that I soon realized that what I was watching was not an ESPN broadcast; it wasn’t a CBS broadcast; it was a Madden broadcast
I can understand and appreciate this, NBA2k did the same thing basically and succeeded with it. But it begs the question, if the goal is to create a Madden broadcast as opposed to an ESPN one...why buy an ESPN license? Just a shame that they own the license and refuse to use it. Even the commentary is done by people who aren't affiliated with ESPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
This is unacceptable
2010-extra point
2011-extra point (nothing done)
2012-extra point (taking out)

So what is madden12 giving us this year, the same lame after the second quarter ends 3 or 4 plays out of sequence with no commentary or real bearing?
I agree. 2013 they'll include a new show but it'll be bare bones. The excuse will be "oh it's new, give it some time." Maybe in 2014 they'll finally flesh it out. Sadly I don't think Madden will ever have a quality show on this gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #46
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Chase, Any word on the defensive reverse camera like NCAA.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 04-29-2011, 04:44 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I can understand and appreciate this, NBA2k did the same thing basically and succeeded with it. But it begs the question, if the goal is to create a Madden broadcast as opposed to an ESPN one...why buy an ESPN license? Just a shame that they own the license and refuse to use it. Even the commentary is done by people who aren't affiliated with ESPN.
Because at the time they bought the ESPN license, it was 2k5's strong point in their game. So, buying the ESPN license was the nail in the coffin for 2k sports, as any future version of the game would have to be almost completely re-written from a presentation standpoint. EA never intended to USE the license, they only wanted to be sure 2k could NOT.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #48
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
This is unacceptable
2010-extra point
2011-extra point (nothing done)
2012-extra point (taking out)

So what is madden12 giving us this year, the same lame after the second quarter ends 3 or 4 plays out of sequence with no commentary or real bearing? What about franchise since there is no extra point this year, the same lame 2006-2009 madden franchise again?? Its more than intros and 6 year old late cheerleaders. What about the integration of stats and banners like the standard of NFL2k5 and NBA2k11??? Man this stuff is getting old and there is a standard, and its not MADDEN on current-gen. When will there guys wake up and stop selling us lame EA ideas and give us broadcast "what we see on sundays" presentation.
I agree. We don't want EA presentation! We want CBS/ESPN presentation. If EA's presentation ideas were so good, don't you think we would already be seeing them on Sundays. IMO, it is pretty arrogant to think a bunch of software engineers can come up with "better" presentation ideas then the people who do it for a living.

That and the fact there is no pre-game or halftime show is REALLY disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »