Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #233
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Is anybody else finding it a lot harder to bunt for a hit successfully? The pitcher fields like 90% of my bunts now, even if they are down the line.
I think pitchers field more ball in general (mentioned in the fix list), so that must be its side effect.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #234
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Is anybody else finding it a lot harder to bunt for a hit successfully? The pitcher fields like 90% of my bunts now, even if they are down the line.
So it is more like real life?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #235
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
No, it's not affecting ERAs. It's a phantom error. The walked runner is still correctly counting as an earned run if he comes around to score without a real error being committed somewhere.
Are we sure real errors are not counting the run as earned? I'll admit, I just played my first game post patch last night. In 5th inning, O's had guy on first with two outs. They hit a groundball to my second basemen, I overthrew first (damn you analog throwing) and the runners went to 2nd and 3rd. With no error, the inning is over. The next batter singled home a runner. It charged David Price with an Earned Run, but it should not have been earned.

I have done zero testing and have had 0 other errors, just wondering if it was a fluke

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #236
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Are we sure real errors are not counting the run as earned? I'll admit, I just played my first game post patch last night. In 5th inning, O's had guy on first with two outs. They hit a groundball to my second basemen, I overthrew first (damn you analog throwing) and the runners went to 2nd and 3rd. With no error, the inning is over. The next batter singled home a runner. It charged David Price with an Earned Run, but it should not have been earned.

I have done zero testing and have had 0 other errors, just wondering if it was a fluke
Let's not complicate the issue here. The ER issue we've been discussing is for the catcher dropping ball four kind, not all ERs in general.

What you saw, IRL Price shouldn't get an ER. Not sure the game handles it properly pre or post patch, but that should be a different bug report.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #237
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts

How did the guy on first get on initially? Wouldn't he be considered an earned run if he got on first legitimately?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #238
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
So it is more like real life?
Touche, sir, touche. I just miss being able to abuse bunting I guess. I'll Never forget the time I hit a walk-off bunt with 2 strikes and 2 outs...
Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #239
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
How did the guy on first get on initially? Wouldn't he be considered an earned run if he got on first legitimately?
Shouldn't be...all runs after there are 2 outs should be unearned in that example. (Because the inning should have been over already).
Old 04-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #240
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon
Shouldn't be...all runs after there are 2 outs should be unearned in that example. (Because the inning should have been over already).
Is that automatic though? I thought there always is some leeway for scorers as to how to interpret what should be earned/unearned, especially in this sort of situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »