Home

OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber

This is a discussion on OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2011, 03:57 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 48
Their (EA) perspective may not be your perspective of the Madden12 title coming out this year.
note: Anybody remember what the dude from NBA ELITE said about the best experience you will ever have playing a basketball title; and look what happened to that game and their crew!!!
EASPORTS has a lot of "Smooth Criminals" working for them. lol
Old 04-27-2011, 04:08 AM   #34
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
I like the read. Sounded very sincere. Like most have been saying seems as though he gets what the hardcore community is saying. Its just make sense to me; shut up the hardcore fans and give them what they want. (b/c we are the ones that are gonna rip the game apart) Then you can add whatever gimmick you want to attract the casual gamer. In recent years it has been the other way around. Try to attract new casual gamers thru gimmicks b/c the hardcore fans are going to buy the game no matter what. I really think they are going back to the drawing board with that strategy; which is exactly what decreased sales would do. Again I don't expect a major impact until 13.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Two Thumbs Up!! Nice Interview...very informative!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #36
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
I love this guy Cam Weber!!

He single handidly has me more excited about the NCAA Football franchise then I ever have. I love hearing about doubling the size of the core dev engine team.. I love a 3 year plan, rather than the "give it a coat of paint each year" approach.

MLB The Show and NBA 2k11 are the bench mark in sports gaming, I hope the EA Football games (and FIFA for that matter) can reach those heights. FIFA's core gameplay is the most addicting game i've ever played!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #37
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber

Without specifics features and planned time of implementation, this reads like the annual EA football interview.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Without specifics features and planned time of implementation, this reads like the annual EA football interview.
That is something they never do, though, give out specific features and planned time to the public.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0
i liked everything he said plus he played some ball so lets see if he can get those things done
Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #40
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That is something they never do, though, give out specific features and planned time to the public.
I know. But they've made the same authenticity statement the past few years. I guess a new person saying it is what's getting everyone excited.

As usual, my concern is that they're idea of improved core gameplay is not the same as mine, which is why this means nothing to me until I see/hear the plan. There haven't been any major gameplay improvements since the last few times they've made this claim.

Isn't this the 3rd year of the last 3-year plan?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »