Home

OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber

This is a discussion on OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #17
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just a cautionary note. Don't know how much impact he will have on 12 since he came in Feb and it's now in alpha.

I do like the direction it's taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah I liked everything he's saying, but most people at EA know how to speak to the media to make it sound good. I'll be interested to see what next year's games will be like(seems to be always the next year with EA).
Check out my new sig: "For Madden NFL 12 specifically......we are on track to deliver a strong, fully featured Madden title this year that will be the best one we’ve delivered in years" GM of EA Football Cam Weber

The stakes for August 30th 2011 were already raised after all the bluffing the last 6 years and Cam Weber just went ALL IN!

I can't wait to see his cards.....

Last edited by Thinking Out Loud; 04-26-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #18
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
I liked what he had to say and he seems to have a very sound vision of what can make these games great. I also like that he played the game himself. That on-the-field perspective could prove invaluable in helping to get things right.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 4
considering this guy's background with a very successful fifa franchise i am very excited to see what can be done with madden. also a great sign that he wants to invest in the core gameplay which is madden's weakest area imo.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah I liked everything he's saying, but most people at EA know how to speak to the media to make it sound good. I'll be interested to see what next year's games will be like(seems to be always the next year with EA).
Agreed, they all do media-speak well. New guy deserves a chance, obviously. Really won't know until next year if there's any impact. I do think it was interesting he acknowledged needing to improve the activity post-play and between plays; it's an area people don't talk about a lot, but that both games are WAY behind in. Not sure what he was referring to in other games they compete against that have 3yr cycles; they haven't had any competition for six years and won't for the forseeable future.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11
That was a good read. I liked his attitude and vision...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #22
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I know EA has had a checkered past when it comes to talking a big game. But i don't recall anyone talking about how the core gameplay was the number one priority. How the gimmicks were done, and how they actually doubled the team who works on gameplay. He obviously has heard the community. Sure it could be lip service, but hiring a bunch of new guys to work on gameplay when we say its the number one priority, that shows he isn't talking out his ***.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7
I really like his vision and it sounds like they are actually taken what we say to heart for the most part. Also Im really intrigued by this part "On top of that is a new layer of depth in our player behaviors in terms of how they evolve throughout the course of a game" this could really be cool.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3
Glad to see this guy heading things up.

The mechanics in FIFA are so fluid... nothing like madden today. I hope he can bring a lot of those organic movements and technique.

Best of all, he actually played the game at a very highly competitive level. I'm definitely geting NCAA this year (haven't bought an EA football game, ever. Well, M10 because i'm a desperate 2k footballer, but returned it becuase it was piss).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »