Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #153
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRexpress3423
The dive happened in the first inning and here he comes to bat with the dirt still intact on his jersey in the 7th!
Thanks for the update man!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #154
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by djo201
PS3 firmware updates can be downloaded and transferred. Game updates, as far as I know, cannot be transferred and can only be downloaded from the PS3 with an Internet connection. To be able to transfer an update you'd have to copy the Game Data (usually >3GB, not the same as a Game Save) and I'm pretty sure that's not possible.
You're wrong bud! Title updates can be shared. I've used offline title updates in the past for numerous games. Take a look at the offline PS3 updates that were posted on here for NCAA Football 11.

There was many request and the title update was provided and the user could take the update and transfer to a flash drive and then to the PS3. Don't state stuff that isn't true! It can be done. Title updates gotten offline can be installed right from XMB. Now, can somebody please provide me one? Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #155
MVP

OVR: 26

A really good idea once PSN is back would be to offer 20 million player budget to add to franchise, like they did with funds. That would go a long way toward fixing budget issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #156
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
For those chatting over the jersey, players can change their jerseys during the game so they don't necessarily have to keep wearing dirty ones. Just saying...
This made me laugh. Thanks bud!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #157
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Rather subtle but important thing I've noticed is that HRs are not produced as much post patch.

This is most likely due to the reduced wind effect; I haven't changed the wind slider before and after the patch (set to 3), but HRs are now happening at a more realistic rate. Looks like no more HR derby during the real game (unless you want it that way...).

Great job on wind effect there.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #158
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It looks like it works...but it's the budgets that are not growing to keep up with the players.
The progression WITH training on looks great IMO. It's just the money. For me...the real "fix" would be to increase budgets rather than stunt the training.
If there were ways to set budgets instead of no training...PERFECT.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah that would be nice. Maybe next year. I have a question about player salaries. Something that I have recently noticed is that the CPU does not recognize that players not on the 40 man roster are contract renewable players and instead gives them multimillion dollar contracts, while it handles the contract renewable players on the 40 man just fine. So you will end up with guys making $3-4 million in AAA not on the 40 man and prospects on the 40 man making 400K (rightly so) in AAA and the majors. Couple this with the CPU's lack of putting top players on the 40 man right away and I believe that you have one of the main causes of the budgets getting out of whack. I didn't see this mentioned in the patch fix list is why I mentioned it. Could this be what is still causing the issue?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #159
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Rather subtle but important thing I've noticed is that HRs are not produced as much post patch.

This is most likely due to the reduced wind effect; I haven't changed the wind slider before and after the patch (set to 3), but HRs are now happening at a more realistic rate. Looks like no more HR derby during the real game (unless you want it that way...).

Great job on wind effect there.
I guess that makes sense. The wind effect was clearly exaggerated before this patch, so it stands to reason that you would see a change in HR rates. Although, it may all end up being a wash since a wind blowing IN and knocking down balls will also have a reduced effect, meaning MORE HR in those cases.

Either way, it seems more realistic now.

Great game.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #160
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
You're wrong bud! Title updates can be shared. I've used offline title updates in the past for numerous games. Take a look at the offline PS3 updates that were posted on here for NCAA Football 11.

There was many request and the title update was provided and the user could take the update and transfer to a flash drive and then to the PS3. Don't state stuff that isn't true! It can be done. Title updates gotten offline can be installed right from XMB. Now, can somebody please provide me one? Thanks!
Hmmm, if you know how to do it, explain it to me. System updates are one thing, but game another.

This is the closest method (still not using a flash drive) I've heard of that may work, but it's pretty convoluted:

http://retroids.com/site/showthread....3+Game+Patches

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »