Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #529
Rookie

sinkdog's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

I'm now having an issue with the lineups sticking. I'm using 30 team control and have everything for the CPU Profile on AUTO except Lineups which I have on MANUAL. I'm using Knights Opening Day Roster and I downloaded the 25-man and then added the 15 extra players to the rosters on the last day of Spring Training.

Everything seemed to be working great for the first two weeks of the season and now I'm running into an issue.

I'm only controlling the Orioles and I'm playing a series against the Yankees. Game #1 of the 3 game series was okay but in the 2nd game, wacky lineup combos are starting to occur.

They've got Cano batting 2nd (instead of Jeter against righties) and they've got Jeter batting 7th. I went out of the lineup screen to check their set lineups for every situation and they were still the way they should be.

I even switched to the Yanks in the initial lineup screen to see if the correct lineups stuck (and they did). But when I went back to control the Orioles and then started my game, the lineups got out of whack again.

I've done everything correct to set up the season....why is this happening now? I downloaded the patch - does that have something to do with it? Or is it something else? Please help me.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #530
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkdog
I'm now having an issue with the lineups sticking. I'm using 30 team control and have everything for the CPU Profile on AUTO except Lineups which I have on MANUAL. I'm using Knights Opening Day Roster and I downloaded the 25-man and then added the 15 extra players to the rosters on the last day of Spring Training.

Everything seemed to be working great for the first two weeks of the season and now I'm running into an issue.

I'm only controlling the Orioles and I'm playing a series against the Yankees. Game #1 of the 3 game series was okay but in the 2nd game, wacky lineup combos are starting to occur.

They've got Cano batting 2nd (instead of Jeter against righties) and they've got Jeter batting 7th. I went out of the lineup screen to check their set lineups for every situation and they were still the way they should be.

I even switched to the Yanks in the initial lineup screen to see if the correct lineups stuck (and they did). But when I went back to control the Orioles and then started my game, the lineups got out of whack again.

I've done everything correct to set up the season....why is this happening now? I downloaded the patch - does that have something to do with it? Or is it something else? Please help me.
Is the CPU resting someone?....in that case it will indeed shuffle for that purpose.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #531
Rookie

sinkdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Is the CPU resting someone?....in that case it will indeed shuffle for that purpose.

M.K.
Knight165
I don't think so....but let me go back in and check. I know that Chavez got hurt and they put him on the DL - and called up Golston. I'm going to check and see if Golston was put in any of the lineups - but I doubt it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #532
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkdog

If the CPU is auto fixing roster moves (call-ups / demotions) and injuries, manual roster control will be over ridden by those occurrences.

For example, if a player is injured for just a few days, he'll (usually) go to the bench. When healthy the CPU will add him back into the lineup / rotation (auto-fix vs. place on bench), but will shuffle the lineup as it sees fit. If that same player is placed on the DL (CPU decision), then the player they call-up 'may' be plugged into the lineup/rotation, thus causing havok.

Manual lineup control is only 1/3rd of the procedure to keep batting orders and rotations in order. In effect, you're only manually correcting lineups when a spot is open, or between situations such as injuries, promotions / send downs, energy, etc.

My method is to have everything roster related to Manual save for waivers. (so that a teams can grab out-righted players or outright players out of options). On any day a player in MLB get's a DL assignment, I'll set Roster Moves to Auto for that day. (and set back to Manual the next day) This accomplishes a few things; all teams will make all the minor league moves that they needed to (between levels) that they may have been sitting on. I auto fix minor league lineup/injuries, but this doesn't allow the CPU to bring guys up from A or AA if a player is DL'd at AAA, that is Roster Moves control. This then also allows the CPU to add men to the MLB teams 25 man roster that may now be short due to a recent DL assignment.

This also allows me to keep tabs on which teams may need a quick peek to make sure their lineup or rotation isn't wacky.

Last edited by coreyhartsdaughter; 04-25-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:28 AM   #533
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter

My method is to have everything roster related to Manual save for waivers. (so that a teams can grab out-righted players or outright players out of options). On any day a player in MLB get's a DL assignment, I'll set Roster Moves to Auto for that day. (and set back to Manual the next day) This accomplishes a few things; all teams will make all the minor league moves that they needed to (between levels) that they may have been sitting on. I auto fix minor league lineup/injuries, but this doesn't allow the CPU to bring guys up from A or AA if a player is DL'd at AAA, that is Roster Moves control. This then also allows the CPU to add men to the MLB teams 25 man roster that may now be short due to a recent DL assignment.

This also allows me to keep tabs on which teams may need a quick peek to make sure their lineup or rotation isn't wacky.
Huh? This confused the heck out of me. Are you playing with CPU-generated injuries or manually-controlled injuries?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #534
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

okay so i'm in the process of searching this board but so far what i've tried hasn't worked. I download the zip file for knights rosters and i'm attempting to load them on my PS3 but no luck. It doesn't seem to see any files to pull. What am i missing?

thanks for any help...hopefully i can track down the information on a previous thread also.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #535
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Huh? This confused the heck out of me. Are you playing with CPU-generated injuries or manually-controlled injuries?
CPU generated injuries.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I have most roster related options to MANUAL in the second profile, however when a MLB club becomes short a player do to a DL assignment, I turn Roster Moves to AUTO for one day so that they can choose who to call up and reorder their organizational levels accordingly.

This is opposed to leaving Roster Moves to Auto the whole time, where the CPU will move players around at their leisure (and possibly jack up the MLB depth charts).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #536
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Make sure you have them unzipped and in folder structure PS3/SAVEDATA/BCUXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmuh1515
okay so i'm in the process of searching this board but so far what i've tried hasn't worked. I download the zip file for knights rosters and i'm attempting to load them on my PS3 but no luck. It doesn't seem to see any files to pull. What am i missing?

thanks for any help...hopefully i can track down the information on a previous thread also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »