Home

MLB 11 The Show Franchise Changes For Next Title Update

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Franchise Changes For Next Title Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #81
Rookie

KuruptOwnz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 11 The Show Franchise Changes For Next Title Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
Fair enough... personally, I could tell he was just writing shorthand in a way and perhaps inverting incorrect verbs for a couple things. I thought it was fairly obvious that in the middle of a list of fixes, he wasn't throwing in a couple of pieces of advice for us, but hey, to each their own.

As for the release of the patch being vague, they don't know when it's going to be done. It's not like they're being coy or purposely vague. And I would work under the assumption that it's going to be a LOT sooner than 2 months from now as one of your possibilities stated. I highly doubt he would make a post about it like that, with the season starting tomorrow, and then not have it ready for 2 months. This board would be going nuts.

So logically, I'd say a couple weeks, and just hope for sooner.
I concur, I'm just a bit impatient so to speak. I would like to start the mode I've loved from day one, RTTS.

I don't think he's being purposely coy or vague about the release of the patch date, it's just irritating the same problem from last year is there again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #82
King Bundy

MizzyMike05's Arena

OVR: 13
BEAUTIFUL RUSSELL!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #83
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Great list can't wait to start my franchise after this patch comes out.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 5

I appreciate the work that's being done and the communication, but can someone please clarify whether franchises will need to be restarted, or whether the patch will be fine regardless?

It's opening day and I'm sitting here really keen to get into a franchise. With all due respect, I don't think it's that hard a thing to inform us one way or the other. I'm sure I'm not the only one with an itchy trigger finger wanting to get into a game.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:10 AM   #85
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair
I appreciate the work that's being done and the communication, but can someone please clarify whether franchises will need to be restarted, or whether the patch will be fine regardless?

It's opening day and I'm sitting here really keen to get into a franchise. With all due respect, I don't think it's that hard a thing to inform us one way or the other. I'm sure I'm not the only one with an itchy trigger finger wanting to get into a game.
Well, I think that it's probably not as easy as you're assuming. I would think that, until the patch in completed, tested, and verified, they can't know with 100% certainty that a restart won't be necessary. If they don't know for sure, they just aren't going to tell us.

People hang on every word these guys say, and if Russell confirms it and is wrong, people will burn this place down over it...lol (look up some threads from 09 for reference-and that wasn't even misinformation...just bad news).

For better or worse (and I know it drives some people nutty) Russell isn't going to make half-cocked assurances without being as certain as possible that he's not going to get burned. It's better to be vague and accurate than specifically wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Well, I think that it's probably not as easy as you're assuming. I would think that, until the patch in completed, tested, and verified, they can't know with 100% certainty that a restart won't be necessary. If they don't know for sure, they just aren't going to tell us.

People hang on every word these guys say, and if Russell confirms it and is wrong, people will burn this place down over it...lol (look up some threads from 09 for reference-and that wasn't even misinformation...just bad news).

For better or worse (and I know it drives some people nutty) Russell isn't going to make half-cocked assurances without being as certain as possible that he's not going to get burned. It's better to be vague and accurate than specifically wrong.
Very well put.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 3

the big question is with the OS roster out are people going to start a single team franchise now and hope the patch works with in progress franchise's or will people go to 30 team?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #88
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Did the patches last year work with dynasties in progress?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »