Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:51 AM   #305
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I didn't know where to post this for Padre fans. CF Rico Noel and RP Scott Munter are in FA2 i believe? Not sure which number. Use one of them to replace Gregg Zaun.
Okay...I'll get that in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
correct and will add to sportsconnect unless knight wants to I feel more comfortable with that, Im not taking any heat for trying to steal work lol

Here you go, Roster before going into franchise with only opening day 25 on 40 man roster.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xu89ou
k

No problem....be our guest..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwdoors101
Hey guys really love the roster work thank you so much. But, I have a couple of work arounds that I need help with. I just want to use the rosters in a franchise with one team and have the comp not screw up the lineups or have any terrible trade logic. Also, how do u injure people to the DL.? Hope you can help and thanks again.
I will add the steps to the front page in the initial post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
not sure how this happened but I just played a game using these and all my music was still there! I was shocked to have Venable lead off the bottom half with his walk up song.
They are no longer tied to the roster..but the game in the case of SCEA players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
i want to make it clear that i appreciate what everyone has done with these rosters but before i start a franchise i have a question to ask...last yr when i dl the rosters, i noticed alot of player edits like pitchers would mostly have 2seamers instead of 4seamers...my question is will that happen again with all the player/pitch/attribute edits this yr? or can i start my franchise now
Those edits will be done this year...but by JaSnake...it will take time. Those rosters were an update last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicebomb236
Are you guys using 30 team control? I have everything on manual and the lineups are still changed once i sim past spring training. I know theres a way around this, do I have to use 30 team control? I just wanna start because Im giddy! Thanks!!
Page1 Post1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
I'm a little confused. If I use your set with the opening day 25, I add in another 15 after advancing to the regular season, and the computer won't mess with the lineups, only sub for fatigue?

What would be the difference if I just left 25 on the 40 man roster all season?
see above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek21
Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Heyward is throwing right handed in the rosters when he throws left handed. Easy fix though.
Noted...it will be fixed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfulton
Where do you locate a players potential; can you? Can you edit SCEA's players potential?
All the way to the right on the roster screen. You cannot edit SCEA players potential...you can create the player yourself(with the potential you want) and overwrite the SCEA player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Knight,

One more time, you're the man! I got all the little adjustments I wanted to make and I'm minutes from my opening day! Thank you for organizing all of this. If I'm ever in New York again, I'm gonna hit you up and take you to a Giants-Mets game and the beers are on me! Thank you.

And since you have pull with the developers I would like you to make 4 requests for next year to further help the cause...

1. Now that there is individual player files, make these files COMPATIBLE with next year's game. Can you imagine how much time and work will be saved if we can simply import many of the players from this season to the next? And only change age!

2. Draft class importing!

3. I think you're already making this request, but even more minor league teams! Or at least a complete Single-A roster.

4. Put you on payroll! Sony owes you for raising the value of their brand.

Thanks again man, enjoy your baseball season and happy Opening Day!
I asked for all but #4!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
Hey Knight and Co., thanks so much for all the hard work that you all have done with these rosters.. I look forward to these each and every year. I read in an earlier post that a "second version " of these will be out after the minor league rosters are set ?? Could please give me a "ball park" time frame of when that will be done? I want to download these , but want to wait for the final product... which I believe is what I did last year with V2.

Thanks again guys!

Jtott
I do want to set MiLB lineups...so it would be sometime after their opening day. I will release an update off the Opening Day set with those done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlow2400
First and foremost thank y'all for all the time and effort....
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...mlins/appl.gif
I am VERY NEW to this so bear with me....

I am having trouble carrying the rosters from OSFM's to my franchise. Before Spring Training all the lineups and rotations are correct...but when I sim spring training and start the season I am left with default rosters (Johan Santana/Strasburg/etc.)

I read in prior posts that if I manually add injuries to them it will resolve the issue. So as a test I edited about 5 teams with the injuries that were on page 1 of this thread....

when I finished I simmed the spring and the rosters were still out of wack...for example....I added Homer Bailey and Cueto to the 15 day DL....and instead of a Edison being #1 and LeCure being #5, Chapman was #1 and Edison was #2.....

I just want to be able to start the regular season with the same rosters that I d/l from OSFM

someone please help and thank you http://www.operationsports.com/forum...mlins/appl.gif
Page1 Post1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
Also just noticed that SS Luis Rodriguez has an A potential.
He is a D. Just another expendable utility infielder with a little bit of MLB experience.
Same story with 2B Sean Kazmar.
I'm not arguing my opinion on prospects here, these are just widely agreed upon D grade players that just slipped through the cracks into top-prospect land.
We used SCEA CAPS for them....they are old enough the A doesn't matter..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilstu24
I believe Pat Egan needs to be back on the Orioles.
Got it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
Unbelievable. Each and every person that worked on this needs to be commended. I couldn't begin to imagine the work it takes to get a project like this done, but thanks to each and every one of you for all the hard work.

Just to be clear, will there be an "Opening Day" set? Just wanna get all my ducks in a row before I start my franchise. Also, I have a couple questions on how the CPU deals with injuries:

1. If I left the injuries alone, I.E. didn't add any injuries to any players, would the CPU put those players back in the rotation/lineup, or will they be left where they are at the moment?

2. If I add the injuries to the players, will the CPU put them on the DL (should it call for it), and when their injury time is up, will they be incorporated into the rotation/lineup properly?

Think that should be it for now....once again, great work fellas...
Page1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
This was my fault. I had edited a few SCEA players for my set, which I hadn't planned on initially giving to this project, but to be honest I just forgot about them.

No ratings edits, though. A few stance and a few equipment edits, and that's it. It shouldn't take long to get it back to how it was.
No....it's not you ....we couldn't import SCEA guys....It's probably the pitchers...we changed some batting ratings so they wouldn't be hitting .290 even in limited AB's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Yea, I agree. I'm surprised that I made him an F. But I know all about him. It's really tough to justify him being a B for this set. I needed to be fair in my assignment of potentials for the rest of the set and honestly, the Giants system is ranked poorly right now. You probably know as well as I do that the strength of the system is sitting in the low minors, but that does nothing towards the rankings they're given by most experts.

Parker probably has more tools then Brown does too. I was lucky to get in as many B's as I did. I think they're were 6 or 7. And with Peguero, Brown and Neal all getting B ratings as outfielders, I just couldn't do anymore and not feel like I was being a homer. I also need to include D's and F's, for some guys, I just had to bite the bullet.

The best thing about the rosters this year is that you can import individual players. If I end up helping out with the player packs, I'll make a better Jarrett Parker to include. If not, be sure to make a request to Knight if and when he starts taking suggestions.

We could import a C for him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
thanks to everyone these rosters are amazing. the only things i noticed from the Mets are Izzy had the Jeter face and just a personal problem with Duda scea put him as fat instead of buff hopefully i can just create another Duda other than that
With Izzy....I'm going to have to create him from scratch...it's his name...it doesn't fit and it's causing the "Jeter head".....
With Duda....his name isn't in the base...I didn't want to lose it...
I'll make him for a player pack and leave it up to the USER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillies2010
Pirates sign Tim Wood
Got it..

Okay......I'm going to try and get in UPDATE #1 tonight.....I'll most likely definitely() have it by tomorrow night for sure...
I'll get in all the fixes noted here in the thread.

Thanks for the feedback!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #306
Pro

Ripner's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Thank you all for your hard work. The rosters look awesome so far, been having the computer play some games this morning while I work on stuff about the house and it's great.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #307
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the Indians are missing Nick Weglarz.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #308
Rookie

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-minor-le.html

I don't know if anyone posted this but here is the tentative opening day rotations for all levels in the Texas Rangers system. Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #309
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No problem....be our guest..
Those are also up on Sportsconnect as OSFM 25 Man or something like that, PSN is same as here.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #310
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm going to try and get in UPDATE #1 tonight.....I'll most likely definitely() have it by tomorrow night for sure...
I'll get in all the fixes noted here in the thread.
I don't mean to pile on, but I've got a few things for the Rays:
Wily Aybar (1B) is no longer in the ORG.
Jonah Bayliss (RP) is no longer in the ORG. (Possible replacement could be Edgar Gonzalez who has an SCEA face)
J.J. Furmaniak (2B) has first name listed as "JT." In the nickname section "JJ" is on page 9. Should still work with the SCEA CAP trick since his face is just tied to the last name.
Sam Fuld (CF) switched his number to 5

Amazingly every position player in AAA camp with the Rays is on the roster, so here's the list of position players in AA camp who are not on the roster (if you need suggestions for an Aybar replacement)

Catchers -- Jake Jefferies, Stephen Vogt, David Wendt
Infielders -- Cody Cipriano, Bennett Davis, Matthew Hall, Omar Luna, Greg Sexton, Michael Sheridan
Outfielders -- Dustin Biell, Reid Fronk, Brett Nommensen

Last edited by Vin; 03-31-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Forgot their first names
Old 03-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #311
Rookie

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas...ing-day-roster

Here's the opening day rosters as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #312
Rookie

Absolutely love it! Thank you so much for all the efforts!

In your next update, I was wondering if you could fix the overalls of some of SCEA players versus minor leaguers put in the game.

For example, Robert Andino and Josh Rupe made the Orioles opening day roster, but are close to the bottom of the page for respective overall (lots of AA and A guys ahead of them). Same goes with players likely to see time in the Majors this year (Rapada, Tatum I'm not saying they should be shot up the ranks at their repsective positions, but I feel they should fall at least in the middle of the group when comparing them to AA and A players. I'm sure there are instances like this on other teams, too. I know these are edits I'm going to make on my roster, and I was thinking maybe it's something you'd like to look into for future updates.

Also, Ryan Drese is missing from the Orioles roster, and will probably see time in the majors this year.

Thanks so much again!

Last edited by MarkVI; 03-31-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »