Home

MLB Power Pros 2008 Review

This is a discussion on MLB Power Pros 2008 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: MLB Power Pros 2008 Review

[quote=matthewk;2039080171]I still have not been able to draw walks in the 2008 (PS2) edition. That is the one area that kills me too. There is just no drama to the at bats when I know I'll be able to draw a walk. [quote]

That's to bad. I agree, working for a walk is a huge part fo the game and its the stat I pride myself most on in MLB The Show. I bought Power Pro's last year and it's the reason it never really ended up in my regular cycle of games. I had a hunch it wasn't going to get adressed so I held off from buying it this year. Maybe next year, I like the game but it doesn't hold my interest because of the walks problem. Petty I know, but it is what it is.

At the end of the day 2K would be better off refining this game as opposed to dumping resources into thier MLB 2k series..that game is garbage with very little light at the end of the tunnel. Power Pros isn't that far away from being not only a fun game to play, but a sim heads / stat geeks dream. The 2k series is unplayable IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #42
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

2k doesn't make this game, Konami does. 2k just releases it because they have the exclusive rights to third party MLB games in the US.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #43
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I still have not been able to draw walks in the 2008 (PS2) edition. That is the one area that kills me too. There is just no drama to the at bats when I know I'll be able to draw a walk.

As for updating rosters, I keep toying with the idea of just editing all the players into classic teams like the '82 Brewers. That way I don't have to worry about constantly keeping the rosters up to date. The charactures of the players make this a lot fun, but the special abilities makes editing every player a lot of work as well.
I don't walk nearly enough either but I do walk some. Probably one or twice a game but never really more than that. Only a couple times can I remember walking three or four times and that's out of maybe a 100+ games that I've played now. You've got to take pitches and you've got to be able to fight off pitches with the end of the batting cursor. Hopefully they re-tweak for next year but I've got this penciled in as an all-time great sports game, just not an all-time great sports simulation. If you want a challenge they try making the '82 Brewers in Success mode... I've cranked out some older Red Sox players that way and it's a lot of fun even if a bit time consuming. Hey, it's winter and I don't ski!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 7
Mlb Power Pros is my favorite video game. I love the graphics and the only drawback is the announcer's stupidness.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 7

I just got this game Saturday and I love it. Aggravating at time, but better then anything I've played so far. I'm only played 2K6, 2K7 and 2K10. These games are really suspenseful too. My last game had 3 lead changes in the last couple of innings. Oh, and don't get me starting on the career modes
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »