Home

MLB '11: The Show Franchise and Road to the Show Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB '11: The Show Franchise and Road to the Show Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB '11: The Show Franchise and Road to the Show Impressions

Like vanilla and chocolate, Franchise and Road to the Show are different enough to be complementary. Sure, the focus is on two entirely different ways to play, but sampled together, they make for a pretty deep and authentic experience.

Except this year, the developers threw some nuts and caramel into Road to the Show’s chocolate, while Franchise mode remains the steadfast vanilla. Hungry? Let me elaborate.

Franchise Mode

Besides new backgrounds, Franchise mode seems largely untouched. It is still the great mode that it has been for the past couple of years, complete with advanced roster options like arbitration, waivers and a Rule 5 draft. The new weather adds some unpredictability to daily games, yet for the most part, this mode should seem familiar to Show veterans.

Still, familiarity is not a bad thing, and the mode is probably one of the deepest in sports gaming. However, with that familiarity comes some nagging issues that seem to have plagued the mode for the past couple years as well.

Read More - MLB '11: The Show Franchise and Road to the Show Impressions
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Just as big a glaring error as the 2013 problem, is the fact that the game STILL does not handle call ups and send downs players based solely on performance. If a player is not being called up due to an injury...he will never see MLB in franchise mode.

I love this game, but I cannot believe how many people can overlook this issue when it comes to franchise mode. It's laughable how long it's been in the game, and is up there with Madden's injury reserve problem.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Typo in the first one that made it sound confusing...

Just as big of a glaring error as the 2013 problem, is the fact that the game STILL does not handle call ups and send downs properly as players never are moved, based solely on performance, within the organization. If a player is not being called up due to an injury...he will never see MLB in franchise mode.

I love this game, but I cannot believe how many people can overlook this issue when it comes to franchise mode. It's laughable how long it's been in the game, and is up there with Madden's injury reserve problem.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Easy for me to overlook, I use 30 team control and with monthly minor league email updates I can promote or demote as I wish
Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 46
Hey Caley,

i agree on the franchise 'grind' being tough to take.
12 would do well with a revamped streamlined franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 46
Also, redoing franchise entirely would get rid of all these nagging issues.
i do believe thats what they are going to d,
Now mind you, there will be more bugs with that, but less so, I think.
Either way, its time for a change.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question...I've always wanted to try franchise, but I really don't want to play 162- 9 inning games. Do any of you sim? For example, only bat, or only field, or anything? Only play half games? Suggestions?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Im a white sox fan so in my franchise i might only play like 5-10 games the first year (because im never happy with the real team). As i build the team to my liking i will play more of the games. I could never play a 162 game season but thats because i like to get multiple seasons into the franchise. But thats just me.

Back to the topic, one thing i was hoping for is better career stat tracking. Unless im i complete idiot, which i may be, last year there was only a few stats you could see career numbers for(ab, ba, hr, rbi). For example, I could never see how many sb's i had in my career with any one player. I do remember it would show you career sb's when the player retired but that was the only time. Please correct me if im wrong.

Also wish as everyone else does im sure, that i could fix potential to my liking. I know we can edit ratings and i really appreciate that but i end up editing a lot of players both over and under rated players imo and it gets hard to keep track of. I end up making a list of players to edit and usually do it twice a season(before season and at all star break). It just ends up being pretty time consuming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »