Home

MLB 11: The Show Online Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 11: The Show Online Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 11: The Show Online Impressions

We recently changed our review process. Read all about how we do our reviews now.

Day One: Initial Impressions

I will admit that online play is usually not at the top of my priority list, at least when it comes to baseball games. I would rather spend my time wheeling and dealing within the confines of a franchise mode than battle it out with unknown opponents.

Still, I jumped into a couple Play Now games last evening, looking for something that might encourage me to devote more time to online baseball. Unfortunately, in my limited online time, I have not seen anything that’s going to addict me quite as much as the great offline gameplay -- the new XP system is not going to do it.

It is hard to judge an online game in its first few days of existence -- this is even more true when considering my relative inexperience. However, during the couple of games that I played, I did not have a good time.

Read More - MLB 11: The Show Online Impressions
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Rookie

sa012's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 11: The Show Online Impressions

You hit it right on the nose Chris. Something is way off with hitting this year. I'm either really early or really late. Can't seem to get the right timing. I hope they can rewrite the code or something to fix this. MLB 10 was perfect. Had hardly any lag what so ever last year. It's funny looking at everyones player cards this year with BAs of .150 and ERAs of 1.50.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Played one online game with my friend that lives a few miles down the road and the lag was just terrible. We both have really good internet connection and never have lags with any other games. Hopefully it gets worked out.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 11: The Show Online Impressions

This game has always been bad online since it went to ps3. Now, back in the ps2 days I loved this game online. Its really disheartning to watch such an awsome game play online like its 1989.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6
This seems to be the consensus with Play Now. It's a weird combination of the new analog hitting mechanic that is making everyone swing early. BUT even still, I played one game with Zone htting and it was oddly the same experience..

I was 3-0 so far online - 1 solo HR in each game to win it. weird. But last nite, i was in a 5-3 game.. maybe I'm adjusting. I hope I get better because last year, I stopped playing offline and ONLY played online. I just feel better playing real opponents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Online is still wack. Pitchers throwing BP fastballs automatically. WTF??? Headsets don't work. Agree they haven't got online right since coming to the PS3.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #7
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujols_5
Played one online game with my friend that lives a few miles down the road and the lag was just terrible. We both have really good internet connection and never have lags with any other games. Hopefully it gets worked out.
Unfortunately it never has so I seriously doubt it will get worked out.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0
Completely agree with everything in this review. Pitching is better this year but batting is a nightmare. This is way worse that last year IMO. Its impossible to time pitches because of the lag. It seems that when you do hit the ball its just luck. Will not be playing online anymore unless they make some serious improvements. I'd gladely take last years online experience of this years. Though there was some lag last year, games were at least playable. I've played 2 games so far and both were just awful and I had a green connection the entire time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »