Home

NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

I normally take a center or PG first because there aren't many good centers in the NBA and i need a good pg to control the floor
2001 Lakers
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
I like taking Josh smith with my 2nd round pick because he is the best defender on the game hes usually there in the top 10 of the second round
Old 02-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #51
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Eric Bledsoe is a heck of a player. My association is with the Clippers, and even though he wasn't starting to begin with, he made a good impression, so much so that I traded Baron Davis after just 4 games or so in order for Bledsoe to become my starter.

Since then he's averaged about 18 points per game and has been excellent from behind the arc in addition to his inside scoring prowess.

Another player to recommend is Jason Thompson, the Kings' young Power Forward. He was great for me in last year's game and is excellent on the glass. He is one to develop definitely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #52
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32
well I cant find a good pick to be in a draft but now I will always draft this way it will make it better and more entertaining.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #53
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

Well I just did a draft so here is my 5 and bench for the Thunder. here is my 5, bench and their overalls
starting 5
pg Derrick Rose 91
sg Wesley Matthews 75
sf Wilson Chandler 80
pf Kevin Love 82
c Marcus Camby 78
bench
sg Arron Afflalo 72
pf Amir Johnson 71
sf Luc Richard Mbah A Moute 70
pg Goran Dragic 68
Pg Eddie House 65
pf Dante Cunningham 63
sf Dante Greene 62
c Etan Thomas
So thats my team didnt make any trades. I have some good rebounders and some good scorers. I think this a team that i will keep for seasons. Hope you like this team to if have some trades I can do tell me I will be happy to make them or think about them If there good i'll make the trades. will play my 1st game tomorrow afternoon.
pg Eddie House 65
Old 03-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

Hey everyone, thought I would explain the rationale for my fantasy draft team. I'm the Magic and am up 3-0 in the first round of the playoffs against the Hawks and finished my regular season 65-17.

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Jason Richardson
SF: Dorrell Wright
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Chris Bosh

Bench
SF: Chase Budinger
SG: JJ Redick
C: Channing Frye
PF: Taj Gibson
PG: Earl Boykins
PF: Luke Harangody
SF: Rasaul Butler

I decided to trade my third round selection, LaMarcus Aldridge, and my next two first round picks (2011 and 2012) for Blake Griffin and a second rounder in 2012 to create my Big 3 of Rose, Griffin and Bosh. I figured I would go for the known commodities of Rose and Griffin as the foundation of my franchise as opposed to making 2 first round picks in the coming years. The rest of my team, I wanted to be able to spread the floor. With Rose's ability to drive and kick, my team has been deadly. J-Rich is a fantastic 2-guard option, and shoots well off of a double screen, and when he is not on, JJ is in to carry the load from the perimeter. I think Richardson was a steal in the 4th round, and his contract situation is pretty good, as he is locked up for the next three years (I think). I won the MVP with D-Rose, averaging 27.9 and 12.8 assists, and am looking forward to bringing a title to the Amway Center. Contract situation with Rose may be a bit dangerous, but I will release who I have to in order to keep him around for a long time.

Just my two cents. I love reading about other people's philosophies and teams, so great thread. In my opinion, the fantasy draft keeps everything fresh and interesting.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #55
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

I forgot to save my draft so now I will do a new one w/ the Magic got pick14 Im doing the draft as I post this.Here is my sarting 5 and bench
I will go in the order I draft them
pf Amar'e Stoudemire 88
sg Eric Gordon 84
c Shaq 77
sf Richard Jefferson 77
pg Jameer Nelson 75
Bench
sg Arron Afflalo 72
pf Channing Frye 70
sf Damion James 70
pg Earl Boykins 70
pf Ryan Anderson 65
pg eddie House 65
c Etan Thomas 64
sf Donte greene 62
So thats my team wount forget to save if have trade ideas tell me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #56
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

something must be wrong w/ my game because my draft is not there . ill have to DO A NEW DRAFT i REALLY LIKED THAT DRAFT. So I will do a new one and post MY team around 4ISH tomorrow.If not 4 than 6:00

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »