Home

MLB 11 The Show Demo Arrives Tuesday, February 22nd

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Demo Arrives Tuesday, February 22nd within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #145
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 11 The Show Demo Arrives Tuesday, February 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Store is up for me.

Guys, it's not likely going to be until at least 4-5 PM Central, and could be much later - PSN is horribly inconsistent with their update times.
lol it was down for me for a few minutes also... and I thought the same thing. Now it's back up. The rest of this day is going to be torture. Might as well load up MLB 10 until the demo drops!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #146
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Its not out....I hate the psn
Old 02-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #147
Don Mattingly is God

bellz666's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Store is up for me.

Guys, it's not likely going to be until at least 4-5 PM Central, and could be much later - PSN is horribly inconsistent with their update times.
Same here, waiting patiently

XBox Live GT: cRPGeezus

Playstation Network: IrreverentGamer

My Twitch Channel: cRPGeezus (Click me!)
Old 02-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #148
Rookie

hb5239799's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntdgg711
i've seen a lot of talk on here about the YLOD. for what it's worth, i've had it and am still currently playing on my old 60gb ps3 (knock on wood) after 3 fixes (all done by myself, and i'm dumb). this 3rd fix has been quite a charm b/c it seems like the key lies in the re-application of the thermal paste. YLOD does NOT = death sentence. i'm living proof. great, now it's gonna "break" again tonight, i just know it. oh well, i'll just fix it again! i LOVE my old piece of crap PS3!!!!
I too had the YLOD and after following the "pdf instructions" along with the video, my PS3 runs like a charm. In fact the fan never comes on at full steam periodically at points where it used to. The key step in the instructions is wiping both chips and the heat sink side clean before applying the thermal compound.

Arctic Silver thermal compound (by way of RadioShack) is essential to doing this project. My system stays cooooooooool now...ready for The Show!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #149
RE2PECT

NYYanks26's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb5239799
I too had the YLOD and after following the "pdf instructions" along with the video, my PS3 runs like a charm. In fact the fan never comes on at full steam periodically at points where it used to. The key step in the instructions is wiping both chips and the heat sink side clean before applying the thermal compound.

Arctic Silver thermal compound (by way of RadioShack) is essential to doing this project. My system stays cooooooooool now...ready for The Show!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I won this battle as well after I fixed my YLOD twice in the last 3 months. Fixed it the first time, only to get the YLOD again 2 weeks later. Then fixed it again, this time it lasted a month. I followed the instructions and none of it gave me any trouble. I work with computers for a living, so this was pretty easy to do. Also used the Arctic Silver compound as well (the 2nd time.. Not the first, I got lazy). It will work like a charm for a while. Could be a month, could be as much as 6 months, but make no mistake this is a temporary fix. This will reoccur and the only real solution is to buy a slim. If there is any silver lining, this stuff happened to me around the time where every store was offering a $100 giftcard for buying a new slim.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #150
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenmB
Well. It'll go very slow if you download it today no matter your connection. I think it'll be around 1 GB.
Yeah, I'm sure everyone is going to feel like they have an old DSL line when we're all downloading the demo at the same time later.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #151
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
Yeah, I'm sure everyone is going to feel like they have an old DSL line when we're all downloading the demo at the same time later.
You aint lien. I downloaded an update yesterday and it took about 3 hrs. So i can imagine this demo will take some time as well..
Old 02-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #152
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

The psn is slow as it is. It's like Sony hired AOL to host their servers.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »