Home

MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Camera Editor (Something Every Sports Video Game Needs)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Camera Editor (Something Every Sports Video Game Needs) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #57
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Camera Editor (Something Every Sports Video Game Needs)

Great feature...Haven't even thought about camera editor have that much customization but the more the merrier. Thanks SCEA!!!
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Camera Editor (Something Every Sports Video Game Needs)

So if I create a custom camera can i use that cam online too?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #59
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser66
So if I create a custom camera can i use that cam online too?
No for this reason we created 20 new hitting views and 2 new pitching views you can use any stadium broadcast camera as well.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ya know, this feature alone warrants a purchase for me this year. The Show is the best baseball game ever made, hands down. I did like 2k's batting angle last year, though. I found it so much easier to actually read the ball as it was coming in and make a smart choice as to whether to swing or not, as opposed to The Show, where I found myself pretty much deciding if I'd be swinging before the ball even left the pitcher's hands...

Having all the actual broadcast angles is phenomenal, and will go miles towards making us feel like we're watching a game on TV. And for all those perfectionists who love to tweak, they can set it to what they feel is "correct."

I'll definitely be using the Phils broadcast during Season games, and a lower, zoomed in angle for my RTTS guy.

Thanks so much for this!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #61
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
What do we mean by depth of field though? I think it gets confused sometimes. People take 2 distinct meanings from "depth of field":

1. Background blur, to simulate focus. The depth of field control in the Show's replay system incorporates this, but it's just a toggle.

2. The relative sense of "closeness" of objects along the z-axis within the picture. This is what I would love to be able to control. For instance, go into the game and switch back and forth between catcher and offset cam. It seems like the pitcher is closer to home plate in the catcher cam, because he's bigger on screen. I like to use the offset cam, but I'd like it even more if it felt like the pitcher was closer to the batter. With the offset cam in '10, it feels to me like the pitcher is 100 feet from home plate. The whole field feels bigger than it should (at least to me).
I mean #2. Offset is my favorite cam, and you're right I'd like that adjustment as well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
What do we mean by depth of field though? I think it gets confused sometimes. People take 2 distinct meanings from "depth of field":

1. Background blur, to simulate focus. The depth of field control in the Show's replay system incorporates this, but it's just a toggle.

2. The relative sense of "closeness" of objects along the z-axis within the picture. This is what I would love to be able to control. For instance, go into the game and switch back and forth between catcher and offset cam. It seems like the pitcher is closer to home plate in the catcher cam, because he's bigger on screen. I like to use the offset cam, but I'd like it even more if it felt like the pitcher was closer to the batter. With the offset cam in '10, it feels to me like the pitcher is 100 feet from home plate. The whole field feels bigger than it should (at least to me).
#1 is depth of field, however it's not just "background blur," everything outside a certain range (e.g. 20' to 30') will be out of focus. So anything closer than 20' to the lens will be out of focus, everything further than 30' from the lens will be out of focus. Everything within that range will be sharp.

#2 is describing optical zoom

Last edited by nmycon; 02-18-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:43 AM   #63
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

I hope this applies to RTTS pitching as well!

I hate pitching from the pitcher's view!

Also, any chance it applies to RTTS Catcher as well? Hated staring at the back of the catcher the entire game!

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #64
Roll Tribe

Senator Stone's Arena

OVR: 13

Freakin' awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »