Home

MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Camera Editor (Something Every Sports Video Game Needs)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Camera Editor (Something Every Sports Video Game Needs) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Camera Editor (Something Every Sports Video Game Needs)

This is the reason i buy MLB every year. I can recall when Madden had this tool back in the playstation 2 xbox days. Then it vanished along with most of the other things that made it good, and i barely buy it every 2 years now. MLB has managed to get better every year, even if the changes are subtle, they enhance the user experience which is all you can really hope for with a yearly development cycle. Kudos to the devs and PLLLLLEEEAAASE let March 8th come faster.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 18
Amazing. I cant wait to pickup the Show again this year. SCEA really has hit their stride with this series. They know how to deliver an authentic looking (and playing) baseball experience. Why this kind of stuff isnt being done by the Madden/NHL/Fifa teams is beyond me.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Camera Editor (Something Every Sports Video Game Needs)

This is great, the game is looking better and better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

this is awesome! no more words needed
Old 02-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #53
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jishin75
I think you have 3 option, so you can go up/down/left/right, one is roaming and one is a zoom and I think you can "simulate" depth field in a way or the other.
It looked to me like zoom maintained the same depth of field and just "got closer," like it does in replay mode with the zoom buttons (the equivalent to "walking closer" I suppose). The depth of field would mean completely changing the focal lens type, something which is available in replay mode. It would mean the difference between the Catcher cam and the Wide cam in the batting options, so like I said there are some presets which will help us out if we truly want to utilize them.

Such a bad-*** feature though! I wish they had worked on the fielding cam and made it more like the one we see in HRD though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Once MLB The Show 11 comes out, NBA 2k11 is getting the shelf. IT is a great game. But, The Show makes it hard for other games.
The Show is like a bully towards other sports games.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Also, SCEA Studios ONLY makes The Show, nothing else. (If I'm wrong in this, somebody please correct me)
SCEA stands for Sony Computer Entertainment of America. Basically every PS3 exclusive is a SCE game.

SCE San Diego, on the other hand, is probably what you're thinking of, in which case they also recently made Mod Nation Racers for PSP and Sports Champions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #56
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It looked to me like zoom maintained the same depth of field and just "got closer," like it does in replay mode with the zoom buttons (the equivalent to "walking closer" I suppose). The depth of field would mean completely changing the focal lens type, something which is available in replay mode. It would mean the difference between the Catcher cam and the Wide cam in the batting options, so like I said there are some presets which will help us out if we truly want to utilize them.

Such a bad-*** feature though! I wish they had worked on the fielding cam and made it more like the one we see in HRD though.
What do we mean by depth of field though? I think it gets confused sometimes. People take 2 distinct meanings from "depth of field":

1. Background blur, to simulate focus. The depth of field control in the Show's replay system incorporates this, but it's just a toggle.

2. The relative sense of "closeness" of objects along the z-axis within the picture. This is what I would love to be able to control. For instance, go into the game and switch back and forth between catcher and offset cam. It seems like the pitcher is closer to home plate in the catcher cam, because he's bigger on screen. I like to use the offset cam, but I'd like it even more if it felt like the pitcher was closer to the batter. With the offset cam in '10, it feels to me like the pitcher is 100 feet from home plate. The whole field feels bigger than it should (at least to me).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »