Home

MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Torture

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Torture within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Torture Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Daaaaannnnnngggg!! Now I wish I would have never watched that trailer. Makes the wait even more difficult.
I say that to myself everytime I watch one of these video's of the show. This years version looks so amazing, I have never been so excited for a game in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #66
Rookie

Jeffster's Arena

OVR: 2

It's certainly an exciting trailer. I don't like the HD look though, it doesn't look like video, it has a kind of cartoonish quality to it. A friend of mine described it as looking more like a moving painting. I much prefer the standard video look which is much more fluid and real looking to me.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 13
Wow im a NBA guy...not even big on baseball but that had me going....very detailed that was so next gen..only if our FOOTBALL could get where the BASEBALL AND BASKETBALL is when it comes to detail and depth it would be scary...BUT anyway I may have to try this game out.... hearing to much about it
Old 02-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #68
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
Speaking of the lighting of the ball...it'd be great if that was worked on this year. Last year, during day games, if you hit the ball into the shadows the lighting of the ball wouldn't be impacted, in other words it just stayed bright white even though it was rolling around in the shadows. It'd be really sweet if that was fixed!
I remember in The Show '09 most stadiums would display the pearly white ball for a night game setting, but there would be a few that seemed to be "in the shade" with the rest of the stadium (though there didn't seem to be much lighting to it either so it seemed pretty dark). I know that PETCO Park was one of them. They needed a good combination of the two for night games. Now all they need is that crossover lighting effect, where it will really haunt people when batting is it goes from sun to shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Russell, you should totally talk to the advertising team about using these little vids as actual commercials. They are so unique. I don't think any other kind of game would have this kind of marketing approach. Also, it gets the heart pumping for baseball!
I agree. Obviously they would have to limit it to sixty seconds at most, but this is what get my juice flowing!

Not many games do in-house commercials like this anymore. Obviously SCEA probably has a contract with Jerry Lambert to do their advertisements, but I would also appreciate a nice change of pace. I guarantee if this had a 60 second TV spot during the Super Bowl (lol that's a stretch to say the least), they would move a lot of discs and consoles on this trailer alone.

One cool thing they should add on the full count, two out situation like here is the runner breaking from third should go way wide of home plate to avoid getting the **** knocked out of him on a screaming liner down the line.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 02-12-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #69
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Weather conditions look absolutely fantastic. Can't wait for this to drop! When's the demo so I can practice my analog swinging!?
Good question! I also would like to know. I'm just hoping that we get a demo before the release and not after. Even if it's just a couple few days just to take the edge off. Fantastic trailer! The tension is building! Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »