Home

MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Torture

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Trailer: Torture within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #49
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Torture Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorsteamer
I approve of this trailer--realistic graphics AND outcome.

Just decided to trade my 360 for a PS3...

...and THAT, ladies & gentlemen, is what's its all about!
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
From what we were told the hair needs a bone structure implemented in order for it to move in a free flowing way. Not sure where it is on the list of priorities of it actually getting done in the future either.
Thanks nem for that enlightening answer. Like I said before, I haven't a clue how development stuff works. If I were a developer, hair wouldn't exactly be on top of my priority list either.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #51
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm currently missing my jaw. I last left it somewhere on the floor.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #52
Just started!

OVR: 4

Has this Torture video hit PSN yet? This is a must have download..
Old 02-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #53
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Excellent trailer. This game is going to rock IMPO. I will load up the 10' Show, until March 8th is here.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm wondering if some of the graphical details in this video will really be in the game, or was it doctored at all? Just some minor details like the lighting off of the top of the bat (towards the beginning there's a shot looking down at the bat and the bat looks REAL). Same with the ball. Notice the lighting on it as it's moving through the air in slow motion, after Lincecum releases the pitch.

Obviously on the whole the game will look this good, but I'm just wondering if little details like that were touched up for the trailer. Either way, the game looks flat-out amazing.

Speaking of the lighting of the ball...it'd be great if that was worked on this year. Last year, during day games, if you hit the ball into the shadows the lighting of the ball wouldn't be impacted, in other words it just stayed bright white even though it was rolling around in the shadows. It'd be really sweet if that was fixed!

Last edited by Drew127; 02-10-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #55
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

All of the footage is in-game. They obviously have their own tools to do certain things with the camera, but no visuals themselves are doctored. What you see is what you get.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #56
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
I'm wondering if some of the graphical details in this video will really be in the game, or was it doctored at all? Just some minor details like the lighting off of the top of the bat (towards the beginning there's a shot looking down at the bat and the bat looks REAL). Same with the ball. Notice the lighting on it as it's moving through the air in slow motion, after Lincecum releases the pitch.

Obviously on the whole the game will look this good, but I'm just wondering if little details like that were touched up for the trailer. Either way, the game looks flat-out amazing.

Speaking of the lighting of the ball...it'd be great if that was worked on this year. Last year, during day games, if you hit the ball into the shadows the lighting of the ball wouldn't be impacted, in other words it just stayed bright white even though it was rolling around in the shadows. It'd be really sweet if that was fixed!

Nope we don't doctor up our videos or screen shots it's all done with video editing tools. If we gave users access to our free camera's in our dev tools you could (try) create videos like this yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »