Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #345
Rookie

spaceg0st's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 11 meets MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.... just hear me out. =)

The Show MEETS MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr Baseball!!!!

...but seriously, this would be the entire baseball package. SIM FANS and ARCADE FANS UNITE! For those who never really played, or can't appreciate the perfection that was MLB Featuring Ken Griffey on the n64, please keep your hate to yourself. This is just a simple plea, that would 1. Be incredibly easy to implement, and 2. Appeal to a whole new demographic, that being Arcade fans.

It's no question, that The show is the ultimate SIM fan experience. It's amazing and unparalleled in that department. I appreciate the fact that they've implemented new hitting mechanics to improve this game, BUT.... there is one option that towers over the rest... and that is the pci vs pitching marker.

1. The ease of implementation..
This could simply be an OPTION under the menu items, to toggle on or off. The game already has the yellow pci circle, which varies based on the skill of the hitter. All that is needed, is a little circle or square, that represents the pitch location to align to. Now for those who've never experienced this type of hitting, do not worry, after the pitcher has released the ball, the marker moves a little depending on the direction of the analog press. This way, its not incredibly easy to align the hitting circle onto the marker.

2. Reasons for implementation..
Griffey was an amazing game for many reasons, but one of the most important reasons, was because the hitting was actually fun. Yes, it's arcady. Yes, its not realistic... but it was pure FUN! As the batter, you tried to align the hitting reticle onto the marker, and every time you swung, you were fully aware of the contact you made, simply based on how good/bad you aligned the two. It was instant feedback. No more was there 'GOD I SWEAR I NAILED THAT!' only to press select and find you weren't anywhere close. With THE SHOW's graphical prowess, and overall quality of game, this would make such an amazingly complete experience, it HAS to be done.

And for those thinking that i'm asking the dev team to change the entire game, i'm not. I'm simply requesting it as an OPTION to toggle on or off within the menus. There's a reason this game was regarded as on of the best baseball games of all time, and if you look, you'll find a ton of praise.

for those unfamiliar with the game, here's a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af6t...eature=related

thanks for the ear... and russell, just PM me if you want more ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 01:08 AM   #346
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 11 meets MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.... just hear me out. =)

I liked that interface, but it seems that it was to easy at times. But turning the PCI indicator on gives you a smilier effect now i think..

would this cheat still work for an automatic HR tho? left-left-right-right-right-left-left..i dont know why i still remember that from that game
Old 01-30-2011, 03:43 AM   #347
Rookie

spaceg0st's Arena

there was a cheat!?!?!?!?! lol, had no idea. yea, the only problem with griffey, was that the regular mode was too easy, and i would usually win 20-1... but the next difficulty was too hard. There was no middle ground, where as i'm sure the geniuses behind 'the show' could perfect it!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #348
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceg0st
there was a cheat!?!?!?!?! lol, had no idea. yea, the only problem with griffey, was that the regular mode was too easy, and i would usually win 20-1... but the next difficulty was too hard. There was no middle ground, where as i'm sure the geniuses behind 'the show' could perfect it!
haha, yeah but i think it only worked when you hit with Griffey!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #349
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Power pros also has this. I never used it as it made hitting easy but its an option.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #350
Rookie

spaceg0st's Arena

Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

yea, hitting would most likely be easier (depending on how they structured it), but that's the idea with arcade-style baseball games. Even with power pros, their success was simply based on the fact that people wanted a FUN, arcade like baseball experience. The show could tap into that, without actually changing their game. Its genius!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »