Home

Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #17
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Re: Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorsteamer
I don't remember the Phillies offense competing at all against Giants pitching--they couldn't even bring it to 7 games. Laughable.
I give your Giants credit for winning the Series; it was well-earned. However, let's not go crazy. In San Fran's 4 wins against the Phils in the NLCS, the run differential was 16-11, with two of the games ending with a difference of 1 run. In the two games the Phillies won, they beat the Giants by a combined 7 runs (6-1, 4-2).

Again, credit goes to the Giants for getting the job done; but I hardly think it "laughable" to pick the Phillies--even if their offense struggles again, their pitching will most likely be much better.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #18
Rookie

anchorsteamer's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRoark
I give your Giants credit for winning the Series; it was well-earned. However, let's not go crazy. In San Fran's 4 wins against the Phils in the NLCS, the run differential was 16-11, with two of the games ending with a difference of 1 run. In the two games the Phillies won, they beat the Giants by a combined 7 runs (6-1, 4-2).

Again, credit goes to the Giants for getting the job done; but I hardly think it "laughable" to pick the Phillies--even if their offense struggles again, their pitching will most likely be much better.
I would agree with you about the pitching...if the Giants had not beaten Cliff Lee twice in the World Series. This being with an apparently terrible offense.

You really don't think the Giants could make the playoffs out of the NL West?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #19
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorsteamer
I would agree with you about the pitching...if the Giants had not beaten Cliff Lee twice in the World Series. This being with an apparently terrible offense.

You really don't think the Giants could make the playoffs out of the NL West?
I certainly think the Giants have a shot out of the West, but I think it will be close again. I think the West is a competitive division, and really any team could vie for a spot. I just wouldn't be surprised if both the Giants and Rangers miss...not that it's a certainty.

Meanwhile in the East and Central, there are teams who you can probably write off today.

And I don't think the Giants offense is terrible, but I will say that they're success is mainly due to good pitching.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #20
Rookie

pay26's Arena

OVR: 0
need more pictures and videos of the mlb the show 11
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Concentrate on arcady baseball? What on earth is being smoked at the OS offices.
For starters, MLB2K equaled The Show as far as combined sales on next-gen consoles.
Secondly, MLB outsold The Bigs 3:1.
So why on earth would 2K stop making the better selling title in place for one that didn't?
Anyone? Anyone?

The only think 2K failed at is signing that horrible 'exclusive' agreement. If they weren't paying through the nose for that exclusivity, no doubt this franchise is making a profit.
And now that the series is finally going in the right direction and making huge strides, just before that giant anchor is taking off of them, they're going to stop making the game and therefore even bigger profits???
Am I missing something here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 47

Well 2K has the advantage in terms of using the analogs controls first. So I would be shocked if they are not better than the Shows. I like the pitching controls in 2K, so I am interested to see what the Show has to offer.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 47

Caley you better hope the Giants don't make the playoffs we all know how the Phillies did in that series and yeah they got Lee now, but the Giants beat him twice in playoffs. . I disagree with 2K becoming a arcade game. They take pride in making sims. Just look at their NBA titles. I disagree with a lot of this Round table, but it was written well and I like opinions, even if I disagree with them and found some opinion really off and funny. Go Giants. To be honest I would not pick the Giants to repeat either, but don't sleep on this pitching staff. You never know.

Last edited by Scottdau; 01-31-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think 2K should definitely be making some more Power Pros games. They are highly addicting and would bring in a lot more money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »