Home

Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 4
Re: Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestep123
I may be wrong but arent this years pitching controls for the Show ripped from NCAA Baseball 2007?
MLB11's Analog Batting, Analog Pitching
I've been thinking along the same line due to the mechanics involved. I am heavily swaying that it's not a direct rip but SCEA has devised this as a better approach on building a better mouse trap by refining and tuning something that has been already has been praised in EA's NCAA 2007 as being successful.

MLB11's Analog Fielding:
I need way more info on which route they're taking.. overhead throwing meter display as in MVP 05, NCAA 07, MLB2K8 or are they still using their colorful circle meter with tweaks. (Hmm I need to revisit the PSnation gameplay vid or CD comments again as I just don't remember at the moment)
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 4
Re: Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITTERSAURUS REX
MLB11's Analog Fielding:
I need way more info on which route they're taking.. overhead throwing meter display as in MVP 05, NCAA 07, MLB2K8 or are they still using their colorful circle meter with tweaks. (Hmm I need to revisit the PSnation gameplay vid or CD comments again as I just don't remember at the moment)
Here's community member NemesisOS hands on with MLB11's fielding controls.
Click> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042046498
Old 01-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
i cant wait for the show 11 but i wont be using analog controls for anything other than pitching
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
Rookie

anchorsteamer's Arena

OVR: 1
I love how none of the editors would pick the Giants to go back to the World Series, especially the two editors who would pick the Phillies with a straight face. Maybe the Giants didn't drastically improve their offense, but did you miss the postseason? I don't remember the Phillies offense competing at all against Giants pitching--they couldn't even bring it to 7 games. Laughable.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19
IMO, 2ks analog controls and game presentation/ no cutaways/realtime is what made The Show 09 and 10 start to feel a little stale.
Sony had every reason to implement analog controls. This may make an above average title even better.

2k has shown steady improvement and it would be a shame to abandon the MLB 2k title once the
exclusive licens runs out
Old 01-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
I agree with most of Nem's comments. I think 2K's gesture pitching where the input occurs before the delivery is more fun to do and watch. They do need to add a pitch accuracy slider so we don't pinpoint things.

The Show's analog batting controls sound good. I have no idea what changes 2K is doing. I just hope the Show lets us slow down the pitch speed to we can use it properly. I hope 2K tones down the opposite field power for their system and reduces the enormous gap between contact and power swings. Both systems are timing based (my preference) although the Show will require you to lean in the direction of the ball which sounds good. I think I might be able to handle that.

Analog fielding - have no clue. 2K's fielding was on auto pilot with no errors last year. Couldn't have been much worse but they have promised a complete fix this year. The Show has analog controls that sound very tough but can be adjusted via difficulty levels. Only time will tell with hand on time.

As for EA, I fully expect them to make a next gen MVP baseball game when the exclusive license gets dropped. I also expect 2K to keep making 2K baseball. They get killed on the PS3 but there are still a ton of baseball gamers on the 360.

As for the World Series I'll just say I wouldn't expect either team back solely because it's so hard, especially when you don't have massive payrolls.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
This is the most psyched I've been for a Brewer's season in my life, even though I think their defense has the potential to be historically abysmal.
I bought a ps3 almost entirely to play the Show. I loved it but spent so much time tweaking audio clips and settings that I'm still only barely past the All-star break in my season. I'm curious about 2k as I'm a huge NBA 2k junkie and their pitching controls sounded like a great idea. I know the smart thing would be to just wait till the price comes down a month after release and everybody has gotten the rosters tweaked to get one but I'm not that strong. I have a feeling MLB 2k is gonna bring it this year which will make the decision that much tougher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #16
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
MLB 2k11 is going to be a blast

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »