Home

Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition

#1: The analog controls in MLB '11: The Show will be a monumental success and will surpass what 2K has done with analog controls thus far.

Christian McLeod: Fiction. Like the overall game or not, it's tough to knock 2K when it comes to the implementation of analog controls, particularly the pitching, in MLB 2K. MLB 11's analog controls will breathe new life into a series that has been beyond stale controls-wise for the last three years. While this will translate to monumental success for the series in my eyes, 2K's solid job thus far with analog implementation makes it difficult for me to believe that MLB 11 will be adding anything that is leaps and bounds better.

Dustin Toms: Fiction. Christian is absolutely correct. The analog controls should be a huge improvement for the game, but they won't be up to par with what 2K has been doing the past few years. For example, The Show could conceivably experience issues with their controls for awhile or even need an early patch. In the long run, it is a great move for them, but I don't expect it to be outstanding from the outset.

Read More - Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
On the fielding aspect of this shootout....I think two of you guys partake a bit too much before playing. I won't say which two...but nice job Caley!!!!(except for the Philly fan part!)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Oh....forgot my smiley for my first post!
All in good fun...

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 4
Listen, anytime one is able to talk SCEA MLB Show, MLB2Ksports & EA's MVP all within a paragraph of fact or fiction topics makes interesting headlines. Predict-a-ball says MLB the show has the edge at least up to 2013.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Fact or Fiction: Can't Wait for Baseball Games Edition

As far as head to head analog controls it will be interesting:

Pitching: It could be a toss up as each one has its own feel. People who like to watch the pitcher's full motion after their input will probably prefer 2k's approach more. Without knowing how much they tuned the pitching in 2k, the user input results were better represented with the Show's analog pitching.

Hitting: If nothing gets addressed in 2k's system the Show's hitting will be way ahead in this category.

Fielding: I am actually looking forward to this match up. Each company spent some time in this area of the game. Obviously player attributes, animations and user input are going to be key driving elements on how well the analog system responds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

It still baffles me as to why people think 2K discovered the next great thing with analog controls? NCAA MVP had analog long before both 2k & The Show
Old 01-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 13
I may be wrong but arent this years pitching controls for the Show ripped from NCAA Baseball 2007?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
It still baffles me as to why people think 2K discovered the next great thing with analog controls? NCAA MVP had analog long before both 2k & The Show
Analog, Total Control Pitching:
You gotta give MLB2K, Kushgames credit though. They took risks for 2k8 by building a better mouse trap and introduced the pitching meter without you taking your eye off the plate or batter at time of delivery. But since the VC takeover and the removal of KG they now introduced a more simplified, user friendly system which now has come back to bite them in the you know where. Which is why they are now saying they revised the pitching usage.

Analog Swing Stick:
It's still up in the air as to what makes it a solid foundation for PS3, 360 systems. Everyone still uses PS2 & Org Xbox NCAA MVP 07 as the better mouse trap for batting up and swinging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »