Home

NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #41
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVDAVZACH
This guide is useless cause if u warp your team to the #1 pick, You can take CP3 cause he's young then in the second round I got Andrew Bogut who is the 3rd best center but guys like Shaq got tooken before him. Bogut is 25-26 still with potential and Shaq will retire in 1-2 years cause he's 38. So 2k should make drafts specific to not the best player but the best potential. Like if you take John Wall ahead of Kobe you have much more to look forward to. Cause Kobe is 32 and Wall is 19, Wall has great potential. It's smart to do this:
1.CP3/John Wall
2.Andrew Bogut
3.PF/SF
4.Whichever was not picked above
5.SG
Then just pick a decent roster of outside or inside shooters, rebounders, and young guns like Gordon Hayward or Ekpe Udoh. Thats why it this is a smart strategy. Keep your team team skilled and young. I prefere at least two of all above, cause two three point shooters off the bench can save you late in games. Rebounders are good and you can combine them like Ed Davis is young and a good rebounder. You need to pick a center in the second round cause there's only three centers in the 80's and the first two go in the first round as well as all the high to mid 70's so Bougut is the only decent center in the second round. I went with shooting guard last cause it is the skilled postion in the game. I bet if u go with this in at least your third year u will have a championship unless you trade all your good guys for guys like Lebron and D-Wade. though 2 97's r nice, keep your all around team cause by the third year all your yound players like CP3 and Ed Davis or Gordon Hayward will have higher overall like u can expect Davis to be at least a mid 70's type of guy unless he gets hurt. So stay young and simple and you might be challengeing the lakers for a 3-peat!
How do you get John Wall in the 3rd round? I've never seen that happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #42
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

Re: NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.kariya
How do you get John Wall in the 3rd round? I've never seen that happen.
^^^Nevermind thispost, i wasn't reading correctly...Lapse!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #43
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitch
I pick my team, then run with whichever pick they get. I got the 10th pick with the Nets. Then once the draft has finished, I quit out, edit the roster for my team and start the association. This way, all the teams bar my own stay the same (except for my 15 players). This way I know which teams are good/average/poor and take advantage of the downloaded rosters/coach sliders that people make.

My line up(rated 80 overall):
PG: D Collinson
SG: M Ginobli
SF: G Wallace
PF: L Aldridge
C: B Haywood
6th: A Blatche (PF)
Role: D James (SF), R Alston (PG),
Bench: G Henderson (SG), K Humphries (PF)
Filler: W Warren (PG), D Cook (SG), S Graham (SF), C Hunter (C)

I did draft M Beasley, but traded him for Wallace (with a SG swap as well). I usually rotate Blatche in at C then PF and get him 30 mpg. I am currently 3-2 after picking up wins against Detroit, Sacramento & Charlotte. I lost to Orlando and Miami (Double OT).

What I think my team needs is a good back up SG to take the pressure off Manu. I need to keep Manu's minutes down cos he takes longer to recover fatigue due to his age. Anyone got any ideas of a good back up SG I could move for?
CJ Miles is a quality wing player. Knockdown shooter, can finish on the break, and can defend the sg-sf positions.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Gordon has always been a better 6th man than starter. Plus, I like Afflalo's defense to start games.
Exactly, I like BG at 6th as well and to anchor the reserve squad in much the same way Lamar Odom comes aff the bench, even though he is allaround better than Artest, Artest and Affalo set the tone defensively very nicely. And that leaves Odom and Gordon free to have an offensive impact with the reserves. Although, I would likely split the time at the 2 almost dead even with Affalo and Gordon.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBartlett
Afflalo D's Kobe up real well. He got my attention last year in the playoffs. His shot is solid, too. Here is my Sacramento Kings lineup...

Starters:

C-Oden
PF-Hakeem Warrick
SF- Redd
SG- Afflalo
PG-Deron Williams

Bench:

C-Nene
PF- Brandon Bass
SF- Kyle Korver
SG- Martell Webster
PG - Ronnie Price
C- Hilton Armstrong
SG- JJ Reddick

Sometimes, late in games I go will go with Both Nene and Oden down low to protect that house!
Nice roster, though I don't like Redd at the 3, he is no match for the like of Odom, Artest, Lebron, Lewis, Pierce and all the other bigger and taller 3s. I'd go with Korver's length and outside shooting to create space.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72
I restarted my fantasy league with my NY Knicks and gave myself the 30th Pick. Put all the traditional powers towards the top (Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Jazz, etc) and the bottom feeders towards the bottom of the draft order (Nets, Clippers, Warriors, Wizards, etc).

I've mocked a couple of drafts and for the first time Yao Ming fell to me @ 30. I prefer to pick dead last every round because it obviously makes it more difficult to assemble a quality team. Here are the results of my draft.

1-C Yao Ming
2- PF Kevin Love
3- SF Andre Kirelenko
4- SF Rahard Lewis
5- PG Michael Bibby
6- SG Aaron Afflalo
7- PF Boris Diaw
8- SG Thabo Sefolosha
9- SF Kyle Korver
10- C DeAndre Jordan
11- PG Boobie Gibson
12- SF Donte Green
13- PG AJ Price

I then signed Blake Griffin's twin brother and Joe Alexander (of West Virginia Univ fame) and sent them to the D-League.

Thabo then became unhappy when I had to demote him from Sixth Man to Bench Warmer. His defense impressed me so I then promoted him to Role Player but his moral was still in the dumps so I turned around and traded Sefolosha and AJ Price for Chris "Bird Man" Anderson. His contract expires at the end of the season so It should give me room to free up space to re-sign Aaron Afflalo to a multi-year deal.

Another thing fellas....make sure to edit all the generic D League players to 44 or 45 years old so that they retire after season 1 and the 2nd season of your association will have 90% real NBA journeymen and real prospects from the draft class.

Lastly (actually do this before starting the Assoc) I created a pretty accurate Ricky Rubio and added him to the existing 2012 draft class I uploaded from 2k share as I was reading he should be stateside next season.

I don't like Rishard at the 2, I'd go with Affalo and bring Rishard off at 6th man in much the same way Odom does for the Lakers.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thanks been looking for a guide like this for a while
Old 01-30-2011, 04:40 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just completed my draft..picked the knicks i had the 13th pick

C- Marc Gasol (Hopefully gona trade for oden)
PF - Lamarcus Aldridge
SF-Dorrell Wright
SG- Joe Johnson
PG- Baron Davis
6- Aaron Affalo
7-mickael Pietrus
8- Toney Douglas
9-Ryan Anderson
10- Kwame Brown(i know but he was the only center there!)
11-Jake Robinson (CPU Generated but 92 3pter)
12-Dante Cunningham
13-Mike Harris

bout to tear it up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »