Home

NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
I typically pick up a PF, SG, and PG (not necessarily in that order) with my first few picks. Typically I then like to get Kendrick Perkins and Rashard Lewis to round out my lineup. I don't know if his release point and shot rythm just fits me or what, but Lewis is someone I can really score with from any spot on the court, and his length makes it easy to contest shots on the perimeter. I got "dissappointed" once and settled for Kendrick Perkins at Center, and fell in love with him in 2K11, the dude is a beast defensively and on the boards, and is horrible on offense real close to the basket.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #34
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72
I restarted my fantasy league with my NY Knicks and gave myself the 30th Pick. Put all the traditional powers towards the top (Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Jazz, etc) and the bottom feeders towards the bottom of the draft order (Nets, Clippers, Warriors, Wizards, etc).

I've mocked a couple of drafts and for the first time Yao Ming fell to me @ 30. I prefer to pick dead last every round because it obviously makes it more difficult to assemble a quality team. Here are the results of my draft.

1-C Yao Ming
2- PF Kevin Love
3- SF Andre Kirelenko
4- SF Rahard Lewis
5- PG Michael Bibby
6- SG Aaron Afflalo
7- PF Boris Diaw
8- SG Thabo Sefolosha
9- SF Kyle Korver
10- C DeAndre Jordan
11- PG Boobie Gibson
12- SF Donte Green
13- PG AJ Price

I then signed Blake Griffin's twin brother and Joe Alexander (of West Virginia Univ fame) and sent them to the D-League.

Thabo then became unhappy when I had to demote him from Sixth Man to Bench Warmer. His defense impressed me so I then promoted him to Role Player but his moral was still in the dumps so I turned around and traded Sefolosha and AJ Price for Chris "Bird Man" Anderson. His contract expires at the end of the season so It should give me room to free up space to re-sign Aaron Afflalo to a multi-year deal.

Another thing fellas....make sure to edit all the generic D League players to 44 or 45 years old so that they retire after season 1 and the 2nd season of your association will have 90% real NBA journeymen and real prospects from the draft class.

Lastly (actually do this before starting the Assoc) I created a pretty accurate Ricky Rubio and added him to the existing 2012 draft class I uploaded from 2k share as I was reading he should be stateside next season.

Team has started off hot.....2-0 so far. Rashard Lewis has proven to be a defensive liability (Ben Gordon torched him for 34 and Gerald Wallace for 28) but the kid can stroke it over most 2 guards EASY. Afflalo is streaky but his D is great.... Boris Diaw on the other hand...WOW! Virtual Diaw has a SWEET jumper, from EVERYWHERE on the floor...he's a BEAST. He has been the SPrite player of the game both times coming off the bench for 21-8 and 18-6. He is shooting lights out @ a 64% clip. I am certainly waiting for the crash any game now but so far so good. He pulls other PFs away from the rim and he plays passing lanes well. Very impressed so far.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 5

Who have most of u went with the 1st pick, prince James, Kobe, durant??

www.sportstalk4us.blogspot.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nice scouting!

The team you propose to draft looks very interesting ...

PG Tyreke Evans / Baron Davis / Jerryd Bayless
SG Arron Afflalo / Michael Redd
SF Wilson Chandler (Rudy Gay) / Bench?
PF Lamarcus Aldrige / Bench?
C Greg Oden / Bench?

So now, what kind of offense suits this team? What coach settings would you use? What are the optimal plays for each player?

What do you think of the 90s hawks playbook? Especially with Rudy Gay (=Dominique Wilkins ) as the SF on the team.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

This guide is useless cause if u warp your team to the #1 pick, You can take CP3 cause he's young then in the second round I got Andrew Bogut who is the 3rd best center but guys like Shaq got tooken before him. Bogut is 25-26 still with potential and Shaq will retire in 1-2 years cause he's 38. So 2k should make drafts specific to not the best player but the best potential. Like if you take John Wall ahead of Kobe you have much more to look forward to. Cause Kobe is 32 and Wall is 19, Wall has great potential. It's smart to do this:
1.CP3/John Wall
2.Andrew Bogut
3.PF/SF
4.Whichever was not picked above
5.SG
Then just pick a decent roster of outside or inside shooters, rebounders, and young guns like Gordon Hayward or Ekpe Udoh. Thats why it this is a smart strategy. Keep your team team skilled and young. I prefere at least two of all above, cause two three point shooters off the bench can save you late in games. Rebounders are good and you can combine them like Ed Davis is young and a good rebounder. You need to pick a center in the second round cause there's only three centers in the 80's and the first two go in the first round as well as all the high to mid 70's so Bougut is the only decent center in the second round. I went with shooting guard last cause it is the skilled postion in the game. I bet if u go with this in at least your third year u will have a championship unless you trade all your good guys for guys like Lebron and D-Wade. though 2 97's r nice, keep your all around team cause by the third year all your yound players like CP3 and Ed Davis or Gordon Hayward will have higher overall like u can expect Davis to be at least a mid 70's type of guy unless he gets hurt. So stay young and simple and you might be challengeing the lakers for a 3-peat!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 15

I pick my team, then run with whichever pick they get. I got the 10th pick with the Nets. Then once the draft has finished, I quit out, edit the roster for my team and start the association. This way, all the teams bar my own stay the same (except for my 15 players). This way I know which teams are good/average/poor and take advantage of the downloaded rosters/coach sliders that people make.

My line up(rated 80 overall):
PG: D Collinson
SG: M Ginobli
SF: G Wallace
PF: L Aldridge
C: B Haywood
6th: A Blatche (PF)
Role: D James (SF), R Alston (PG),
Bench: G Henderson (SG), K Humphries (PF)
Filler: W Warren (PG), D Cook (SG), S Graham (SF), C Hunter (C)

I did draft M Beasley, but traded him for Wallace (with a SG swap as well). I usually rotate Blatche in at C then PF and get him 30 mpg. I am currently 3-2 after picking up wins against Detroit, Sacramento & Charlotte. I lost to Orlando and Miami (Double OT).

What I think my team needs is a good back up SG to take the pressure off Manu. I need to keep Manu's minutes down cos he takes longer to recover fatigue due to his age. Anyone got any ideas of a good back up SG I could move for?

Last edited by Vitch; 01-16-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #39
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

for some late round contributors..

Soloman Alabi.
Donte Green.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 9

Just did a draft using the Cavs and got the 9th pick. Here is my lineup:

Rose / Baron Davis / Eric Maynor
Monte Ellis / Vince Carter
AI 2 / backup
Troy Murphy / Matt Bonner
Okur / back up C

I gotta good team. I started out 0-2 but now I am 4-2 in my 29 game association. I have the 5th rated offense and like 19th rated defense. I love playing with this team. Love having Carter and Davis coming off the bench. Love backup up smaller PGs with Davis. Thoughts on my team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »