Home

NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
i did my fantasy draft today and i have the raptors, i got the 8th pick in the draft

Starters
PG-Derrick rose
SG-Andre Iguodala
SF-Dorell Wright
PF-Lamarcus Aldridge
C-Marcus Camby

Bench
PF-Al Harrington
PG-Jose Calderon
SF- Andres Nocioni
SG-Thabo Sefolosha
C-Joel Przybilla
SF-Jamario Moon
PG-Eddie House
SG-Sonny Weems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

I've tried many a strategies of going "young" for the fantasy drafts, but this time I decided to switch it up and actually take the 2nd pick in the draft (using Rashidi's roster).

My train of thought has always been to get a low-post offensive threat first, then worry about the wing players. Either that, or just go pure defense. Well, that changed this time. I wanted wing scorers, so here's what my team turned out to be:

PG - Nelson / Bibby
SG - Joe Johnson / JET / Charlie Bell
SF - LeBron James / Pietrus / Korver
PF - Ibaka / McDyess
C - Dalembert / Turiaf / N'Diaye

It took a while, but I finally got the hang of using LeBron, and since then, it has been incredibly easy to score points on offense. And Jason Terry is ridiculous. It's like an automatic 15+ points off the bench.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #27
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAllTheWay
I've tried many a strategies of going "young" for the fantasy drafts, but this time I decided to switch it up and actually take the 2nd pick in the draft (using Rashidi's roster).

My train of thought has always been to get a low-post offensive threat first, then worry about the wing players. Either that, or just go pure defense. Well, that changed this time. I wanted wing scorers, so here's what my team turned out to be:

PG - Nelson / Bibby
SG - Joe Johnson / JET / Charlie Bell
SF - LeBron James / Pietrus / Korver
PF - Ibaka / McDyess
C - Dalembert / Turiaf / N'Diaye

It took a while, but I finally got the hang of using LeBron, and since then, it has been incredibly easy to score points on offense. And Jason Terry is ridiculous. It's like an automatic 15+ points off the bench.
I don't see how you got Lebron and Joe Johnson even with the first pick you must have had. Looks like a 70 win season for you.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 01-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 3

Joe Johnson is 81 ovr in Rashidi's roster, and doesn't have much potential.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #29
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBartlett
Yeah, my shooters are nice on the wings. I found in last year, and in 2k9, the offense would set itself up and run screens for shooters naturally if you hold the ball with the pg at the top of the arc. This year, you have to call the plays for them, which I find frustrating. Sometimes teammates will set picks and some screens on occasion when I don't call for it which is great, but not far too seldom. Does anyone know how to get them to run the basic offensive system without calling plays?

I am trying to develop Martell Webster a bit as he has great athletic ability. I need somebody who can get to the cup other than Williams. Another player I love in 2K is CJ Miles. He can shoot it, and he is one big athletic wing player. I might have to trade for him because Michael Redd keeps getting back spasms...lol.

I do remember watching Dahntay Jones D up Kobe well, too. It'll be interesting to see if Melo leaves. That Nuggets team has enough to win it all with him. It's worth one more shot in my opinion for him to finish the season there, but who knows what he's thinking.
I agree 100% with you about the Nuggets. If this team could ever get healthy, I've thought all along that they would be the Lakers' biggest threat in the West, although San Antonio is blowing the doors off the conference right now. But, the motivation isn't there on a nightly basis with the Nuggets right now and I doubt it will be b/c of the Melo situation.

I understand Melo isn't coming back to Denver after this year, but I don't think settling for New Jersey is the answer, either. Bill Simmons on ESPN brought up a good point about how the Clippers would actually be an appealing spot for Melo to play if he can't go to to the Knicks.

As for your question about getting your guards shots without calling plays, I have no clue. If I just stand with the ball, the only thing that seems to happen is guys will post up or a post guy will come and set up a pick-and-roll.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #30
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwish40
i did my fantasy draft today and i have the raptors, i got the 8th pick in the draft

Starters
PG-Derrick rose
SG-Andre Iguodala
SF-Dorell Wright
PF-Lamarcus Aldridge
C-Marcus Camby

Bench
PF-Al Harrington
PG-Jose Calderon
SF- Andres Nocioni
SG-Thabo Sefolosha
C-Joel Przybilla
SF-Jamario Moon
PG-Eddie House
SG-Sonny Weems
Yeah. You are right. San Antonio is playing a new style of ball. Richard Jefferson has really helped them change the way they play, along with the other role players they have on the wings. I just don't see them staying healthy and playing at that level all season. Ginobli or Duncan can't go at that pace. If they can be healthy for playoffs and play at that pace then watch out, but for now, the regular season is just that - regular season. Not many teams will show up to play and/or be talented enough to beat the Spurs playing at that level in the reg. season. Many teams coast.

I do agree that the Nuggets are losing that fire, and it's a shame. It's because Melo isn't 100% there. I'm not sure about the Clippers lol. Bill Simmons just loves them because he lives in LA and hates the Lakers.

Man, I wish I could get them to set screens for wingmen to get them open J's. Anybody else have any idea?
I might have to try and reach Rob Jones : )

Iwish40, nice draft! That looks like a championship contender right there. My Kings are very avg. when it comes to their overall team ratings. It would be cool if we could all get an online league fantasy draft going. I don't think OS Matchup is ready for setting that up just yet.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwish40

Starters
PG-Derrick rose
SG-Andre Iguodala
SF-Dorell Wright
PF-Lamarcus Aldridge
C-Marcus Camby

Bench
PF-Al Harrington
PG-Jose Calderon
SF- Andres Nocioni
SG-Thabo Sefolosha
C-Joel Przybilla
SF-Jamario Moon
PG-Eddie House
SG-Sonny Weems
i just played my first game with them and al harrington is the perfect 6th man he went 9 for 9 with three 3s
d.rose scored 35 and 15 dimes. iggy had about 28 points camby had 5 blocks and 12 rebounds,wright had 15 pts and aldrige had 20 pts and 10 rebounds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 05:12 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
I don't see how you got Lebron and Joe Johnson even with the first pick you must have had. Looks like a 70 win season for you.
He is using Rashidi rosters not the 2k ones
2001 Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »