Home

NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I went ahead and did a Fantasy Draft today, using the 76ers as my base team. I had the 20th overall pick. Some interesting first round notes, both Dwyane Wade and Kobe Bryant wound up with their respective real-life teams. LeBron was the first pick.

I really like the makeup of my team. Here's what the 76ers now look like:

Starters
C-Kendrick Perkins
PF-Lamarcus Aldridge
SF-Hedo Turkoglu
SG-Aaron Afflalo
PG-Steph Curry (first pick)

Bench
SG-Ben Gordon
PF-Glen Davis
C-Chris "Birdman" Anderson
SF-Carlos Delfino
PG-JJ Barea
SG-Jodie Meeks
PF-Donte Greene
C-Etan Thomas
Ahh, put Ben gordon over affalo in starter
2001 Lakers
Old 01-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #18
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker987
Ahh, put Ben gordon over affalo in starter
Gordon has always been a better 6th man than starter. Plus, I like Afflalo's defense to start games.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #19
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Afflalo D's Kobe up real well. He got my attention last year in the playoffs. His shot is solid, too. Here is my Sacramento Kings lineup...

Starters:

C-Oden
PF-Hakeem Warrick
SF- Redd
SG- Afflalo
PG-Deron Williams

Bench:

C-Nene
PF- Brandon Bass
SF- Kyle Korver
SG- Martell Webster
PG - Ronnie Price
C- Hilton Armstrong
SG- JJ Reddick

Sometimes, late in games I go will go with Both Nene and Oden down low to protect that house!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #20
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBartlett
Afflalo D's Kobe up real well. He got my attention last year in the playoffs. His shot is solid, too. Here is my Sacramento Kings lineup...

Starters:

C-Oden
PF-Hakeem Warrick
SF- Redd
SG- Afflalo
PG-Deron Williams

Bench:

C-Nene
PF- Brandon Bass
SF- Kyle Korver
SG- Martell Webster
PG - Ronnie Price
C- Hilton Armstrong
SG- JJ Reddick

Sometimes, late in games I go will go with Both Nene and Oden down low to protect that house!
Afflalo has really become a top-tier defender. I remember being upset when the Nuggets couldn't re-sign Dahantay Jones, who was a beast defensively when the Nuggets made it to the Western Conference Finals, and thinking Afflalo was a downgrade. Turns out Denver upgraded the position as Afflalo is just as good defensively and has come into his own (and is capable of more, I believe) offensively.

If the Melo trade ever goes down, I'd look for Afflalo's scoring to go up. He's got a good stroke and can attack the rim.

-------------------------

OK, back to the fantasy draft. Steve, you've got some sharpshooters on your bench. That will come in handy, for sure. I like Brandon Bass and Nene is really good in the paint in 2K.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #21
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6

I restarted my fantasy league with my NY Knicks and gave myself the 30th Pick. Put all the traditional powers towards the top (Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Jazz, etc) and the bottom feeders towards the bottom of the draft order (Nets, Clippers, Warriors, Wizards, etc).

I've mocked a couple of drafts and for the first time Yao Ming fell to me @ 30. I prefer to pick dead last every round because it obviously makes it more difficult to assemble a quality team. Here are the results of my draft.

1-C Yao Ming
2- PF Kevin Love
3- SF Andre Kirelenko
4- SF Rahard Lewis
5- PG Michael Bibby
6- SG Aaron Afflalo
7- PF Boris Diaw
8- SG Thabo Sefolosha
9- SF Kyle Korver
10- C DeAndre Jordan
11- PG Boobie Gibson
12- SF Donte Green
13- PG AJ Price

I then signed Blake Griffin's twin brother and Joe Alexander (of West Virginia Univ fame) and sent them to the D-League.

Thabo then became unhappy when I had to demote him from Sixth Man to Bench Warmer. His defense impressed me so I then promoted him to Role Player but his moral was still in the dumps so I turned around and traded Sefolosha and AJ Price for Chris "Bird Man" Anderson. His contract expires at the end of the season so It should give me room to free up space to re-sign Aaron Afflalo to a multi-year deal.

Another thing fellas....make sure to edit all the generic D League players to 44 or 45 years old so that they retire after season 1 and the 2nd season of your association will have 90% real NBA journeymen and real prospects from the draft class.

Lastly (actually do this before starting the Assoc) I created a pretty accurate Ricky Rubio and added him to the existing 2012 draft class I uploaded from 2k share as I was reading he should be stateside next season.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #22
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Props on choosing to pick last, and rearranging the teams. it looks good. But you are going to regret picking up Rashard Lewis's contract. Badly.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #23
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Afflalo has really become a top-tier defender. I remember being upset when the Nuggets couldn't re-sign Dahantay Jones, who was a beast defensively when the Nuggets made it to the Western Conference Finals, and thinking Afflalo was a downgrade. Turns out Denver upgraded the position as Afflalo is just as good defensively and has come into his own (and is capable of more, I believe) offensively.

If the Melo trade ever goes down, I'd look for Afflalo's scoring to go up. He's got a good stroke and can attack the rim.

-------------------------

OK, back to the fantasy draft. Steve, you've got some sharpshooters on your bench. That will come in handy, for sure. I like Brandon Bass and Nene is really good in the paint in 2K.
Yeah, my shooters are nice on the wings. I found in last year, and in 2k9, the offense would set itself up and run screens for shooters naturally if you hold the ball with the pg at the top of the arc. This year, you have to call the plays for them, which I find frustrating. Sometimes teammates will set picks and some screens on occasion when I don't call for it which is great, but not far too seldom. Does anyone know how to get them to run the basic offensive system without calling plays?

I am trying to develop Martell Webster a bit as he has great athletic ability. I need somebody who can get to the cup other than Williams. Another player I love in 2K is CJ Miles. He can shoot it, and he is one big athletic wing player. I might have to trade for him because Michael Redd keeps getting back spasms...lol.

I do remember watching Dahntay Jones D up Kobe well, too. It'll be interesting to see if Melo leaves. That Nuggets team has enough to win it all with him. It's worth one more shot in my opinion for him to finish the season there, but who knows what he's thinking.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #24
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Props on choosing to pick last, and rearranging the teams. it looks good. But you are going to regret picking up Rashard Lewis's contract. Badly.
But all contracts are skewed aren't they? every time i do a draft no one has the same contract they do in real life which is bogus.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »