Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Shaky Cam From CES (dmbfan1970)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Shaky Cam From CES (dmbfan1970) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #49
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Shaky Cam From CES (dmbfan1970)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
CES is not a public event.

Sent from the dugout using Tapatalk

ces is a public event. companies get free passes, but public can pay and attend. i used to go ces every year.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #50
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
You can select hat, jersey, pants. Any combination for either team before the game.

You can not select batting helmet.

Is there a way to select a random outfit combination ??
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
ces is a public event. companies get free passes, but public can pay and attend. i used to go ces every year.
International CES is NOT open to the general public. You must be in the consumer electronics industry to be eligible to attend the show. Our attendees are made up of more than 120,000 individuals including manufacturers, retailers, content providers and creators, broadband developers, installers, engineers, corporate buyers, government leaders, financial analysts and the media — representing the United States, Canada, Mexico and more than 130 other countries. All attendees must be at least 16 years of age. Two forms of identification are required on-site (one photo ID and one proof of business affiliation/business card).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #52
Banned

UncleMo's Arena

OVR: 6

Looks like that field was either dark or affected from rain. Does anyone know if rain will be shown to impact jerseys and caps? I've seen games before where water was dripping from the pitchers cap when he was on the mound and the game wasn't halted by the umps yet.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #53
Rookie

Vanman2425's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
You can select hat, jersey, pants. Any combination for either team before the game.

You can not select batting helmet.

YES!!!!! This is great news!!! Too bad about not being able to chose batting helmets, but I'll take it, great news!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #54
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
International CES is NOT open to the general public. You must be in the consumer electronics industry to be eligible to attend the show. Our attendees are made up of more than 120,000 individuals including manufacturers, retailers, content providers and creators, broadband developers, installers, engineers, corporate buyers, government leaders, financial analysts and the media — representing the United States, Canada, Mexico and more than 130 other countries. All attendees must be at least 16 years of age. Two forms of identification are required on-site (one photo ID and one proof of business affiliation/business card).

once again this is only half right. non registered people can also pay to attend. i got free passes every year for registering the company i worked for, however i know people who pay every single year to attend.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #55
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
once again this is only half right. non registered people can also pay to attend. i got free passes every year for registering the company i worked for, however i know people who pay every single year to attend.
Obviously I can't speak to the situation of the guys you knew, but DMB is 100% correct.

From the CES site:

Quote:
International CES is not open to the general public. You must be in the consumer electronics industry to be eligible to attend the show. Our attendees are made up of more than 120,000 individuals including manufacturers, retailers, content providers and creators, broadband developers, installers, engineers, corporate buyers, government leaders, financial analysts and the media — representing the United States, Canada, Mexico and more than 130 other countries. All attendees must be at least 16 years of age. Two forms of identification are required on-site (one photo ID and one proof of business affiliation/business card).
Quote:
International CES is a trade-only show and is not open to the general public. Therefore, we must ensure all attendees are industry affiliates before issuing a badge holder. After the show, CES performs an official attendance audit through an outside auditing firm, and the on-site badge holder pickup process serves as a method for counting attendance.

Two forms of identification are required to pick up your badge holder:
  • One personal picture ID such as a driver's license or passport.
  • One business ID such as a business card, pay stub or statement on company letterhead indicating that you are representing that company at International CES.
http://www.cesweb.org/faq/generalFAQs.asp#1837

Aside from dedicating a day where students (with student I.D.) can get in unregistered for 100$, there seems to be no general admission.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #56
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

ok next year when you guys go to ces and you see the one entrance with the very long line. ask those people without passes what they are waiting for. then take a look at the other entrance for people with the passes around their neck with the red stripe that says industry affiliate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »