Home

NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

Dwyane Wade in LA. Carmelo under the bright lights in MSG. LeBron to the Suns. The landscape of the NBA is changed at the click of a button, the stars of the league realigned.

A fantasy draft in NBA 2K11 may be one of the most entertaining things you can do to liven up your Association mode. NBA 2K’s AI general managers also draft intelligently, selecting the league’s youngest and brightest stars early in the draft to build around. Rondo, John Wall and Derek Rose are all consistently chosen within the top 10 of the draft.

When building your draft boards, some of us dream about the luxury of having a CP3 or Dwight Howard available to us. But sometimes the ping-pong balls just don’t fall in your favor, and you may find yourself drafting towards the end of the first round.

Regardless of your draft position, you can still build a strong foundation of a team around players not named Kobe, LeBron or Durant. Here are some players to build around when the superstars are no longer on your draft board.

Read More -- NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft: Scouting for Success
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 13
I look for young players to build in the 1st
I usually have a big, a wing, and a point after three rounds.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I almost always do a fantasy draft. I find it a lot more interesting because you can build up your own teams and strategically pick your positions. I usually try to have a well balanced team and am a perfectionist of this I always try to have three of every position. I usually try to pick a younger team first and then change a few spots accordingly depending on what trade offers i get and how well those players develop. All the while trying to keep those young players as the base of my team. Also I find 90% of the time the person getting the better overall position player gets the best of the trade. For example if you are offered the 8th best SF for the 15th best SG and 22nd best PF then usually thats a good trade as long as your getting the best player. however, never trade a person if you are running low on that position and never trade a starter unless you can make sure you can have someone to take over that position in your lineup. I've been playing Dynasty/Franchise/Association since Live04/EspnBasketball/March Madness04 year and consider myself an expert on basketball franchise modes. Wishing for 2k, EA, and some form of college bball game to be made next year. 2k games are always my favorite but i still usually get both versions every year and a college game or two. sucks none were made this year.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have done two season drafts and always seem to get Jason terry and Caron Butler who are both very solid. The salaries have never been an issue in season mode does it come into play in the Association?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
In Association Mode, there are hard salary caps and soft salary caps, yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
I am going to draft that way from now on, will make it much more entertaining and challenging.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA 2K11 Fantasy Draft -- Scouting for Success

Good article. Glad to see Afflalo mentioned. He just tore up Phoenix tonight and has really improved his jump shot since first coming into the NBA.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19
when I do a fantasy draft. I draft according to the salary cap. I rarely go above the cap by a few million.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »