Home

MLB 11 The Show First Gameplay Video: Red Sox vs. Phillies

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Gameplay Video: Red Sox vs. Phillies within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #137
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Gameplay Video: Red Sox vs. Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Same here. I asked about this question earlier but we haven't gotten an actual answer on it yet.
Do not know about custom camera angles for team specifics (personally doubt it, but you never know with these guys), but Ramone did wink above to new camera angles for replays and and cutscenes!

Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #138
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Haha for sure, that would be great! I'm indifferent about team-specific broadcast fielding cameras, but when I first heard about them I was mostly happy because I assumed this meant there wouldn't be three different fielding cameras, and instead just one behind home plate. So far, videos are showing that there are still those three (even if they're raised more, which would be a good start). Hopefully there will at least be that option for just that one camera angle.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #139
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Dynamic weather.
nice.

so, you probably wont know this but its worth an ask.

Does this mean, if its raining and cloudy/overcast, at some point in the game it can turn to full on sun?
if so, hey now!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #140
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Russell,

I know this is a long shot, but what the hell. Are we going to be able to have division realignments like we had in earlier installments (I believe mlb 02 had this) in franchise? Thanks and good work this year

Not this year
Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #141
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Not this year
Russell, can you comment whether or not a new broadcast fielding camera (like described above), has been added for The Show '11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #142
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
I agree completely. I don't like cameras at angles you never see on TV. Madden is especially bad at this.

In line with this... one of the "features" I'm most hoping to see is the addition of a fixed position broadcast fielding camera. In real life, the "fielding" camera is in a fixed location centered behind home plate in the pressbox and just rotates/pans left to right. The broadcast camera in the Show '10 was more of a floating pressbox height camera that would either be centered or straight down the foul line depending on where the ball was hit. Hopefully one of the new camera angles is a center-fixed broadcast camera angle.

No new fielding camera's this year I'm not sure if the broadcast camera has been changed.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #143
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
Speaking of bunting...

Maybe it's just me, but I've always had trouble when trying to check, or pull back a bunt. Is it any easier in '11?
I imagine with it now being tied to triangle, a pressure sensitive button, that it'll be much much easier to pull off on bunts. Huge huge huge change. Thank you...
Old 01-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #144
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Very pleased with the video, but it seems, for gameplay reasons, they won't get rid of the one thing that irks me......I know four-seam fastballs are the straightest pitches in the game, but they shouldn't be completely straight, no one throws a completely straight fastball. Probably too late to change it now, but I wonder if the SCEA team will look to pitch f/x some time in the future to show a more accurate movement of these pitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »