Home

MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #105
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Alistar, it could be very difficult. First they would have to decide what constitutes a rain delay. And no, it's not as easy as writing "if it rains for this long or has this many centimeters of water, boom... rain delay." No, it's not that simple. Secondly, they would then have to take into account when a game might be called back on to resume play or if it would have to be re-scheduled. With this game's fatigue system, that can be very tricky. Re-scheduling can be tricky as well.

Including rain was the first step, and it appears to be both cosmetic and game-changing. No rain delays yet I can see, but they will keep working on it. Baby steps are what got SCEA to where they are now, so when they feel comfortable that they can perfect the system, I'm sure you'll see it added to their game.
To add what you said Blzer, their "baby steps" are huge endeavors and are done so well. These guys are some of the best in the business, just spend 20 minutes talking to Brian, and seeing the passion, and technical know how this man posses, and you will be stunned he is working on a "baseball game" all things considered. And I mean that in the biggest of compliments, because if you knew all the calculations, programming and physics that are in just moving the analog stick, your head will spin. The man is a huge asset.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-08-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
To add what you said Blzer, their "baby steps" are huge endeavors and are done so well. These guys are some of the best in the business, just spend 20 minutes talking to Brian, and seeing the passion, and technical know how this man posses, and you will be stunned he is working on a "baseball game" all things considered. The man is a huge asset.
Glad you had a chance to talk to him already, I felt the same way when I got to meet him last year. The man certainly knows his stuff.

And for the newcomers, he's made quite a few posts here on OS about how the AI and gameplay works and such - they're all great reads if you can find them. Just search for anything by Brian_SCEA (although he did post under Kolbe and/or Chris's name occasionally before he registered here).
Old 01-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #107
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair
How damn hard is it to include rain delays though?? It's not exactly a major coding overhaul. What's so hard about scheduling the occasional double header? I thought it would be a no brained this year

Harder than you think or it would have been in the game. I've said this about 1,000 times every year if it was easy don't you think it would be in the game?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #108
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Care to elaborate?
Probably means the jump from '09 to '10 seemingly was not as big as people were expecting. (more like a bridge year, like my Sawx, sorry had to)

Where as this will be the games biggest jump IMO, since '07 to '08 or '08 to '09.

At least I hope that is what they meant.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 0

Thanks for the update DMB! One question I don't think has been asked...did they do away with that ridiculous "wave off" the pitchers do on occasion when they strike someone out? I would roll my eyes every time I saw that.

And to a lesser extent, the fist-pumping by the pitcher? I mean, it would be sweet if they programmed it so the pitchers do that in key situations, but I don't need my starter pumping his fist when he Ks the first batter of the game.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #110
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

dmbfan has the grabbing of the helmet around 2nd base for HR trouts been toned down or removed?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #111
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't think the jump from 07-08 will ever be matched and I don't have a problem with that. Especially seeing where the product is at today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #112
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
dmbfan has the grabbing of the helmet around 2nd base for HR trouts been toned down or removed?
Good question and to take it one step further, how was the upgrade to RTP in general?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »