Home

MLB 11 The Show Trailer, Box Art and DualShock 3: MLB 11 The Show Edition

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Trailer, Box Art and DualShock 3: MLB 11 The Show Edition within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #209
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show Trailer, Box Art and DualShock 3: MLB 11 The Show Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
It's not that I want to harp on about player models, but like a lot of people I was expecting the models and the animations to receive a massive overhaul. The models look refined, but within the old framework.

One area that's really let the game down in previous iterations has been the look of the players in motion, particularly when hitting and pitching. Much of that appears tied to these old models.
One last time...

They are NEW framework (skeletal), you are just accustomed to the textures and their rendering engine.

And the animations is what made this game SHINE over the competition in almost every sports genre.

I am at a loss for words. I do not know what people expect out of the damn human body, or what you expect out of probably the best looking sports game on the market. I would hate to see you all as judges on Miss America, etc.

Her shoulders are too straight, her arms are too short, her hair is longer than it is supposed to be, I can swear one boob looked bigger than the other... o.O

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-04-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #210
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
One last time...

They are NEW framework, you are just accustomed to the textures.

And the animations is what made this game SHINE over the competition in almost every sports genre.

I am at a loss for words. I do not know what people expect out of the damn human body. I would hate to see you all as judges on Miss America, etc.

Her shoulders are too straight, her arms are too short, her hair is longer than it is supposed to be, I can swear one boob looked bigger than the other... o.O
Everyone has different expectations Enigma, no need to get upset! It sounds like he was looking for a different rendering interpretation of the player models. Obviously a skeletal change as they have undergone is not going to do that. Maybe we need an X-ray machine brought in to see the changes.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #211
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Everyone has different expectations Enigma, no need to get upset! It sounds like he was looking for a different rendering interpretation of the player models. Obviously a skeletal change as they have undergone is not going to do that. Maybe we need an X-ray machine brought in to see the changes.
I know, just beat my head in the wall when I hear someone repeat that it is the same framework when told it is not.

My question to everyone who no matter how many times are told these are new models/framework, to support better range in motion and more true to life proportions is, what did you expect the models to look like?

It is not like the game went from Mario All Stars to Real Life models... so what "monumental" leap did you expect the human body to take for this game?

Because as far as I can see, they addressed the main complaints over the years that people said all that was needed to change, (large heads, straight shoulders, short arms), and it seems still not good enough. Has the human body evolved to something that I was not aware of? Do I need to get out more?

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-04-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #212
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
One last time...

They are NEW framework (skeletal), you are just accustomed to the textures and their rendering engine.
Could you point me to a link about this new skeletal framework? Because here's an MLB 11 screen I just came across, and the player model looks identical to the previous years -- shoulders are too wide and too square; upper arms are way too short, giving the player a "flipper arm" appearance.

Also, no need to get all defensive. We're adults here, so please let's discuss this like adults.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mlb11.jpg (76.9 KB, 70 views)
Old 01-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #213
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

That is one screenshot you show has an obscure angle. There are plenty of others that show a big difference. And without comparing it to an MLB10 shot, then there is no weight.

It was out of the mouth of the developer first hand. They are new models.

I come off as aggravated, because no matter how many times we tell people, and the developers tell people they are new models, people overlook "work in progress" and all the comparison photos that show a difference.

The links...

If you can not see the difference, then beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...reenshots.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...batch-2-a.html

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-04-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #214
Banned

OVR: 1

The Cruz pic looks terrific -- the difference is very apparent as the arms extend further down the body as they should. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #215
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well Done Enigma -- those photos look great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #216
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
The Cruz pic looks terrific -- the difference is very apparent as the arms extend further down the body as they should. Thanks.
Just wait till you see them in motion, you are going to like what you see... I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »