Home

MLB 11 The Show Trailer, Box Art and DualShock 3: MLB 11 The Show Edition

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Trailer, Box Art and DualShock 3: MLB 11 The Show Edition within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 AM   #193
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: MLB 11 The Show Trailer, Box Art and DualShock 3: MLB 11 The Show Edition

I haven't called in sick for so long... My sick hours have accrued like crazy! But something happens to me every year and I don't know why... I get the flu around midnight of March 8 and it can last for the whole week. It's a nasty thing but yeah, those sick hours are going to shrink when this game comes out.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #194
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
But that doesn't make sense. The main thing the developers have touted (with visual evidence) are the player model overhauls. And yes, with that will come more lifelike animations.
All I've seen is the video in this thread, and to me the player models look almost the same as the previous years. The shoulders are too long and too square, and the majority of players' bodies are too squat.

I'm not talking about cosmetic tweaking of the player models, which may have happened. I'm referring to the dialogue the developers had on this forum a couple of years back, where they stated that creating all-new player models was a massive undertaking. Something about having to also re-write the code for the animations, the strikezone, and even the core gameplay itself. Yes, it appears the animations have been improved somewhat, both last year and this year. But it also looks like they haven't undertaken to rewrite what essentially is the core programming that was used back in the PS2 days. Which again is what I believe MomentOfTruth was talking about.

Go to page 1 and start the video up. Pause at the first frame or so where it shows Wilson on the mound. His body appears to be short and stumpy, and his shoulders are wide and square. That's an example of the PS2-style player models that were carried over to the PS3 version of the game back in 2007. And it appears they're still in the game this year. And if they're still in the game, it no doubt means the swing animations and over-sized strikezone are as well.

Last edited by peigone; 01-03-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #195
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
All I've seen is the video in this thread, and to me the player models look almost the same as the previous years. The shoulders are too long and too square, and the majority of players' bodies are too squat.

I'm not talking about cosmetic tweaking of the player models, which may have happened. I'm referring to the dialogue the developers had on this forum a couple of years back, where they stated that creating all-new player models was a massive undertaking. Something about having to also re-write the code for the animations, the strikezone, and even the core gameplay itself. Yes, it appears the animations have been improved somewhat, both last year and this year. But it also looks like they haven't undertaken to rewrite what essentially is the core programming that was used back in the PS2 days. Which again is what I believe MomentOfTruth was talking about.

Go to page 1 and start the video up. Pause at the first frame or so where it shows Wilson on the mound. His body appears to be short and stumpy, and his shoulders are wide and square. That's an example of the PS2-style player models that were carried over to the PS3 version of the game back in 2007. And it appears they're still in the game this year. And if they're still in the game, it no doubt means the swing animations and over-sized strikezone are as well.
Here are two threads that do a model comparison of The Show 10 and the ones for 11:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...reenshots.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...batch-2-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #196
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Here are two threads that do a model comparison of The Show 10 and the ones for 11:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...reenshots.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...batch-2-a.html
Agreed. If you do not see it in those comparisons, then you are refusing to see it. Plain and simple. Do not need to argue about this, this year. They are dead on to human proportions in real life. Case closed.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #197
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

I think you are confused with the outside details and textures not changing (or being overhauled) with the inner undertakings. I won't say that these player models are perfect, but I will say that this is the overhaul they have been referring to and it is tenfold better. This game has strayed far enough away from its PS2 days now to make those accusations.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #198
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Nothing in life is perfect Blzer. Even real life ballplayers don't look proportioned properly.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #199
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Nothing in life is perfect Blzer. Even real life ballplayers don't look proportioned properly.
I thought I wrote out the point that nothing is (though some are better than others haha). I guess I didn't write that... I was too ready to open a can o' whoop-*** on somebody talkin' smack about dem player models.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #200
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I always loved Vin Scully...
Ahh MLB Pennant Race. Back when I didn't care that I hit .439 and had 85 hrs and 200 rbi with Darryl Strawberry. Just pure ignorant baseball bliss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »