Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #457
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same here man! Can't wait to make one that helps these old eyes. 3d may be my answer to me having a hard time with the depth perception. We'll see..
haha, my wife and I just upgraded to LED so it would be very hard to explain a fresh new 3D tv! I'm sure I'll be able to find something to give me a nice view of the stadium and funtionality as well.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #458
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

To clarify you can only create camera angles for pitching and batting.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
To clarify you can only create camera angles for pitching and batting.
-Thank you sir
Old 12-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #460
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm just wondering, I swore in '09 the Billboards were dynamic as in showing promos for TV shows but I didn't see this in '10. Will this be back for '11?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #461
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
Allow me to explain...

Prior to last year (or was it the year before) all of our pitchers acted exactly as you describe, but we began re-doing all of our pitchers (a multi-year process) so that they have personal step-ups, nods, etc...we have not finished this process, however, so some "legacy" pitchers remain. These personal step-ups are most obvious from the stretch..where the pitcher will be bent at the waist, etc waiting for signs...but your example of Lincecum is correct, he had not been re-done in the new way.

I am sure Pettitte has a "personal step-up" with his hands up high before he takes his signs. It is possible his hands are not exactly where they should be, and I will look into that, and correct it before we ship.

Chris
And this is why you guys are amazing. The Pettitte example was a poor one and I didn't check to see if I was right but I was certain this animation "issue" was present.

It doesn't matter. It seems like you guys were already attacking this before I even cared enough to comment on it.

Thank you.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #462
Rookie

OVR: 1

A very small nitpick, but a nitpick for me......when batting, and you foul a ball straight back to the backstop is that sound effect still present where it sounds like the ball is being thrown against a chain link fence? Unless it's supposed to sound like that (never sat behind home plate, but I dont think it does), I dont know about anyone else but its really silly to hear that. I'd rather hear nothing in the background or a thud off the back wall
Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #463
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

And this new management in RTTS, this it mean they won't do things like call you up to the big leagues just to make you sit on the bench waiting for Albert Pujols to get hurt or something? And I really hope there's something that can be done about them calling you up just before you get to play in the minor league All-Star games to get those 300 skill points. I find myself having to tank objectives that end just before the game so I don't get called up premature.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #464
Rookie

jdmsi7's Arena

OVR: 4

I hope the scoreboard news includes the standings on the green monster along with rest of the board. If not no biggy but it would be sweet

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »