Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #441
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Whoa, did I miss this?? Which preview mentioned this? I would love for this to be an option.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-examiner.html

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #442
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
That just made my day, thanks for the link EN.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #443
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It uses the PCI, so it will be bigger and smaller based on hitters, and also bigger and smaller based on counts and situational hitting.
I didn't see anywhere that the zone hitting was based on the PCI. The PCI does change between batters, but not as much as I'd like. Hopefully this gets tweaked.

The PCI was already kind of cursor/zone hitting, but you could still make ineffective contact even if the ball was outside the PCI. Is this all that is being changed to the PCI to make the zone system?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #444
Rookie

OVR: 7

- Could this be a new broadcast fielding camera? The ball is in play in left field and the angle is pulled back and higher than it was in 2010. It could be a replay also I guess, not sure
Old 12-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #445
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I didn't see anywhere that the zone hitting was based on the PCI. The PCI does change between batters, but not as much as I'd like. Hopefully this gets tweaked.

The PCI was already kind of cursor/zone hitting, but you could still make ineffective contact even if the ball was outside the PCI. Is this all that is being changed to the PCI to make the zone system?
You are getting confused. Zone hitting is already in the game now, just like you said.

They are having CURSOR hitting added now. Where if the ball is outside the PCI cursor, you will not make contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #446
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:

Russell confirmed it in a thread.

PCI was tough for me. I already mentioned the radial system it had (difficulty occurs because of it being pressure-sensitive) and like ASB 2003 and thereafter, once you committed with your swing the PCI would "stick" without being able to move it again. This really hurt for my TV which lags enough as is, but it seemed almost unfair and pretty difficult to handle.

I'm sure the proper adjustments have been made, though. I also would like to note the difference that used to be made between the terms "zone" and "cursor" for a hitting system, discussed at large here a couple of years ago.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #447
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlBraves09

- Could this be a new broadcast fielding camera? The ball is in play in left field and the angle is pulled back and higher than it was in 2010. It could be a replay also I guess, not sure
Even if it's a replay with camera editing possible we can make whatever we like.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #448
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

Yes its been tweaked a lot. The major change is you can no longer make contact with the ball when its outside the PCI. Some batters can foul balls this way but you will never again see solid contact when your PCI isn't on the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »