Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #409
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
All previous options stay in.

M.K.
Knight165
I know (I pretty much said just that, though apparently not very clearly...lol). I was more trying to clarify that I don't think the R Stick pitching is a Meter or Classic choice but it's own singular option separate from the other two.

So I'd assume it's R stick, Meter, and Classic rather Than R stick-Meter, R stick-Classic, Meter, and Classic.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #410
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
I know that there was an issue with attandence (sp?) not showing correct numbers or something like that, but I did notice plenty of empty seats in alot of the games I played.
I mean I'm not saying there weren't empty seats but how they were distributed inside the stadiums is what made it look weird. Like a small crowd of 20K would mostly sit around the home plate area going out. That means most of the upper deck would be empty and there would be entire sections with nobody in them.

That is what I am hoping they captured for this year is when there are only 20K in a 40K seat stadium that half the stadium looks empty. Again I think this goes back to how the crowd is distributed inside the stadiums.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #411
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I know (I pretty much said just that). I was more trying to clarify that I don't think the R Stick pitching is a Meter or Classic choice but it's own singular option separate from the other two.

So I'd assume it's R stick, Meter, and Classic rather Than R stick-Meter, R stick-Classic, Meter, and Classic.
Yes.
(I'm "guessing".)

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #412
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

I am not a big analog guy, but I am glad they put it in. It now give everybody a choice how they want to play. Now did the fix Lincecum's windup ?? lol that is the question. Lighting seems to be much much better. I think and maybe im wrong they corrected the Rangers batting helmets ? Did MLB finally update their style guide ??
Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #413
Banned

OVR: 2

I hope there no 6'4" marco scutaro for 60% of the year so I can have some decent rosters this year. It took them forever to fix that...I didnt even bother using knights rosters because of this glitch....
Old 12-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #414
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Go make a video outside about it

Spoiler
Forget a video. Here are two pics from Tim Lincecum pitching.

I'm not gonna go through the trouble of uploading these on a photo hosting site so bear with me here...

PHOTO 1:
Tim Lincecum stands, arms to his side, as the user (here it is the CPU, but it doesn't make a difference in-game) selects the pitch type and location.

PHOTO 2:
Tim Lincecum goes into his set position as he prepares to throw.

The way it should work is Tim Lincecum should always be in his set position like in PHOTO 2. Instead, that's not the case and has never been the case in MLB The Show (or any other baseball game that comes to mind). I'm not sure why that's the case, but it looks awkward to have him and any other pitcher just stand there, arms to their sides as they wait for the sign.

In that video, Tim even waves off a pitch, but he's not even set. His head moves. People like to complain about accessories. I rather will complain about signature styles and to me, the arms to the side animation takes away from the realism of the game.

Watch this video and you'll see what I'm talking about here: http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/03/04...objectid=42460
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (89.8 KB, 182 views)
File Type: png Picture 2.png (119.9 KB, 182 views)
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #415
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX007
I hope there no 6'4" marco scutaro for 60% of the year so I can have some decent rosters this year. It took them forever to fix that...I didnt even bother using knights rosters because of this glitch....
That will not be a problem this year.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #416
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

How long has It been since a game had a good true cursor zone hitting? 2K did try it two years ago, but their ugly bat cursor was ridiculously difficult to make contact with. Also the cursor and sweet spot were the same for a pitcher and the best hitter in the league. This has always been my favorite hitting mechanic so I hope it's done well. Preferably, the cursor and sweet spot get bigger for better hitters.

This is definitely the one feature that I'm going to be following info about in the coming months.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »