Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2010, 03:36 AM   #401
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Of all the gameplay areas in the Show, it needed to see to see the most improvement in the area of fielding. "Manual" fielding is robotic and CPU controlled. It is not exciting. Feilding is extremely stale and needs a lot of work. It is effective, but boring.

Also, they need to use the analog stick for leading off the bases. There is too much lag with the triggers.

Lastly, they need to add the ability for players and managers to argue calls.

The last few years the Show has done everything right when it comes to batting-pitching...but outside of that its gameplay mechanics fail to fully immerserse the user b/c too much control is left to the CPU.

And how about doing something creative like "U be the ump" mini game where the user can call balls and strikes or decide close plays at the plate?

Oh, almost forgot. Speaking of the plate, plays at the plate are some of the most exciting plays in baseball, but they are boring in the show - it always feels like the CPU controls the slide if u are the baserunner, and if u are the catcher, when the ball is en route to the plate you should have the ability to try to make the out by either blocking the plate or simply applying the tag.

If these things made it into the Show, everyone would be happy. Or rather, happier.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #402
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Someone didn't read the entire ESPN article...
I did, but I saw nothing about either.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #403
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Perhaps I need to wait until more info is out, or maybe I missed this after reading the thread. Will classic pitching be available using the analog controls, or is that option only with the meter?

Love the lighting and weather additions!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #404
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Will classic pitching be available using the analog controls, or is that option only with the meter?
You have a choice between the two, I believe.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #405
Pro

OVR: 8
One of the things I am wondering about is did they fix it so a crowd of 22,000 fans actually looks like 22,000 fans. It always seemed regardless of crowd size the stadiums always looked totally full in MLB 10 the show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #406
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
One of the things I am wondering about is did they fix it so a crowd of 22,000 fans actually looks like 22,000 fans. It always seemed regardless of crowd size the stadiums always looked totally full in MLB 10 the show.
I know that there was an issue with attandence (sp?) not showing correct numbers or something like that, but I did notice plenty of empty seats in alot of the games I played.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #407
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Perhaps I need to wait until more info is out, or maybe I missed this after reading the thread. Will classic pitching be available using the analog controls, or is that option only with the meter?

Love the lighting and weather additions!
I don't think it's with the meter though. My understanding is that it's R stick pitching with it's own type of meter. So that is it's own option (not R Stick combined with Meter or Classic).

I would assume (given that SCEA leaves us with our options) that it's R stick, Meter, and Classic as your choices, rather Than R stick-Meter, R stick-Classic, Meter, and Classic.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 12-17-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: reworded for clarification...
Old 12-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #408
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I don't think it's with the meter though. My understanding is that it's R stick pitching with it's own type of meter. So that is it's own option (not R Stick combined with Meter or Classic).

I would assume (given that SCEA leaves us with our options) that you still have the separate Meter and Classic options from the previous games.
All previous options stay in.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »