Home

MLB 10 The Show vs. MLB 11 The Show Player Model Comparison Screenshots

This is a discussion on MLB 10 The Show vs. MLB 11 The Show Player Model Comparison Screenshots within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #89
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 10 vs. MLB 11 Player model comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Exactly what I was thinking....

eerie....
everyone on this board is so much smarter than me...pisses me off. Would you believe I play The Show in SD? Blasphemy I know!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #90
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
It's not a big thing by any means..

I just remember after saving a few highlight videos, when I'd go back to watch them under the "Videos" section on my PS3, the videos are pretty small and grainy when you make them bigger.
Yeah I know what you mean. I think the same thing will happen here as well, but at least you get the opportunity to see them in a higher resolution regardless.

EDIT: Here's one of those videos I was referring to (it isn't mine):

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #91
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well, here's why they existed in the first place (and I'd like for Russell or anyone else in game designing to please correct me if none of this sounds right).

LOL, I understand why it exist. My question is more along the lines of whether or not the video/screen capture feature has been changed to compensate for it, in its outputs. (i.e. automatically limiting or "cropping" to 1280 x 720)

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #92
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
The best thing about new player models is that all the kids who would cry on these forums about no unique player models can finally shut up about it.
You underestimate the crowd.

Well, SCEA, you guys did it. I wasn't going to buy The Show again until the models were fixed and I'm extremely impressed with the overhaul.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #93
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
LOL, I understand why it exist. My question is more along the lines of whether or not the video/screen capture feature has been changed to compensate for it, in its outputs. (i.e. automatically limiting or "cropping" to 1280 x 720)
Hmm, good question then. I don't think they will or can do that because it's kind of a feature used by the PS3 XMB as well (which automatically adjusts for overscan like anything else), but I really don't know all of the technicalities. Like I said though, if they changed the system so that there aren't any video sliders and they resolute the game to a 1368 x 768 area, we won't have the problem anymore anyway.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #94
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Weird thing. My new replacement LG local dimmer which is much better than my defunct one has like 1 or 2 pixel lines that do not fill the screen at the top in Just Scan no matter what I do to stretch it (it runs one or two shy from filling at the top). My other one I believe, the crappy older but same model one, filled it all I think. This is the only game I have that Just Scan does not fill the screen correctly even with slider options. So I use 16x9 to fill that extra line or two and make sure it is not overscanning which is nice they gave those options otherwise my just scan would have not totally filled it for some odd reason and of course normally 16x9 cuts off the image. It was a bit annoying to see the one or two lines at the top as black. I always use Just Scan and it never has done this. My TV might has some 1 pixel line bias or something I have no clue but it's beautiful that is for sure and much better than the clunker with missing pixels and what not.
I know some people who have this issue as well. I don't know what causes it, unless your TV was 1080i native or something.

My only games that have this are The Show and Rock Band, but they both give you the options for video adjustments. Because you're right, you otherwise technically lose some of your image (12.28% of it to be exact) unless you use the sliders to make the adjustments.

I don't know if this would be considered derailing the thread so we could save this for a new thread if you all would like. One more thing I wanted to point out about the player models (in staying on topic) is that the players definitely fill out more around the torso then just widening out in the shoulder area. This should definitely help out when looking at the big guys in this game. I'm so amped to see some video of this!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #95
G4 Madden CD

Kolbe's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Hahaha okay, later tonight I will record a video and show you exactly what I mean. I'll be clear.

Only problem is right now my roommate and his friends rented out the entire Twilight Saga and are busy watching those. They didn't even rent them on Blu-ray!
Huh, and this whole time I thought you were a dude...

-K

Last edited by Kolbe; 12-15-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 10:55 PM   #96
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Huh, and this whole time I thought you were a dude...

-K

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »