Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 11
Looks like some nice improvements. Still looks like they have many generic batting stances.

Here was a complaint about MLB 10: The Show that I wrote last year

Great Game! Not a lot of improvement from 09. A little visual/gameplay

Dear the Show Visual designers Team,

If you guys are reading this, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to hear my thoughts/ complaints. The game is great. Great gamplay. VERY realistic hitting/fielding. I really enjoy being able to play my own music saved on the PS3. Im a huge Cincinnati Reds fan. Yes, you probly dont care, but for you guys to make The Show are more realistic game, you should definitely improve the batting stances.

For example, Brandon Phillips second baseman for the Cincinnati Reds has been playing in the league for about 8 years, and has been one of the Reds best players for about 3 years. Yet, dissapointingly, his batting stance is inaccurately portrayed. Not even close. Every time I play with the Reds, I manually change Brandons stance with either David Ortiz or Scott Rolen, just because seeing that "Generic 2" ?? batting stance just annoys me.

I understand it is impossible to get everyone exactly right, and you must have some/many generic batting stances, but it greatly annoys me when Ive been playing the Show for years and Brandon Phillips batting stance is generic year, after year, after year. Next year, OR maybe a Batting stance patch this year, I would really like to see more accurate and updated batting stances. But improving these problems is a way for MLB "The SHOW" to really become the most realistic baseball game, and to ultimately represent its name.

That was my main gripe from MLB 10, but looks like (maybe) that havent even attempted to fix it?
Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #250
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyr326
Looks like some nice improvements. Still looks like they have many generic batting stances.

How do you get "many generic stances" out of those few pics on not showing anything?

And these are shots of a way early build.

None of that stuff gets added until towards the end.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 1

Please tell me the NEW additions to Target Field are in...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #252
Banned

khronikos's Arena

OVR: 4

I would just like to remind people to post their stadium feedback issues on the show site. I am going to hope to high heaven that they get the Twins fixes in there and from what I see a lot of those AL teams have not been spoken for since last april. The more we can suggest the more they can do in time. I just posted a super res photo and one with updated grass patterns. I hope they can get some of those fixes. Somebody else posted the new stuff going in too.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #253
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
How do you get "many generic stances" out of those few pics on not showing anything?

And these are shots of a way early build.

None of that stuff gets added until towards the end.
That was my thought as well.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #254
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Could someone briefly explain to me/ link me/ or PM me on the difference between the current button (and L-Stick) only cursor hitting, and the upcoming button only true zone hitting?
Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #255
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Could someone briefly explain to me/ link me/ or PM me on the difference between the current button only cursor hitting, and the upcoming button only true zone hitting?

No if your PCI is not over the ball you will not make contact. It's been changed to work the way everyone wanted it to last year so now its true PCI zone hitting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #256
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Notice that every year scea admits that there were problems in the online play the previous year but that they are working hard to get it fixed for the current year....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »