Home

Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview

This is a discussion on Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #41
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's a good point. If I could play this anywhere, I would probably be divorced and unemployed.
Haha...I know what you mean! I just replayed the 2002 NLDS between Braves/Giants. All 3 games decided by 1 run...check out Game 2:

http://www.dynastyleaguebaseball.com...?SeriesID=3844
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #42
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
Still....for those of us who like to build a dynasty, vs just play in tournaments or 1 season, the price tag is just too high. Like I said, if the $60 was a one time fee...maybe, just maybe I could see this.

I just don't think with this price tag it will appeal to the masses. Even, if you do play a season, not many people play out every game, and I bet most die hard fans can get thur a season in less than a month. The tournaments are good...but for long term plus price...I can't see how someone is gonna put out $14 a month.

Don't get me wrong...the game is just great. I only wish OOTP had some of the tools that this one has. I could see myself playing this for many many years.
Yeah, wow. So, I downloaded the version and played a game for free. I thought that while it lacked some of the polish and options of OOTP, I liked it and would consider playing again. Then I visited today and realized that it's actually a subscription fee: $15 a month, or essentially, $150 for the year. Are you kidding me?

I think the product is pretty good, but when you consider that I can go download OOTP8 off their site right now for absolutely free (and probably find files with roster updates, mods, etc.), how would that not be a better option? Based on the visuals, etc., I had assumed that the whole point of this was some type of free alternative to OOTP (or maybe a small, small subscription) generating money off ad revenues or whatever. OOTP debuts at like $39.99 and frequently goes on sale.

And if you're a 360 or PS3 gamer, you look at the resources that go into something like Call of Duty: Black Ops or any of the sports titles, and that's $60 up front for something you can play by yourself or online for a full year (or even longer) for hundreds of hours. How does a 90's-era text simulator warrant twice as much money? I'm not so much mad as I am frustrated for them b/c they put all this work into it, and their business model is just so backwards that I fell like 10 people are going to actually pay for it.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Ah, I see what you mean. You are looking more for something like OOTP. I am more of a replayer type based on actual season stats which is what Dynasty is. I haven't used it, but OOTP sounds like the best game for what you are looking to do.
Yes....I have OOTP. However, I only wished that OOTP had some of the same features as dynasty. Maybe one day, they will lower the price or have a pay to own feature.

Anyway...I can see how someone can get lost in this....It is truely a great game.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 6
As mentioned twice before in earlier posts, DYNASTY League Baseball Online is totally unique from any other Baseball simulation with the real time multi-player leagues and tournaments that update the entire leagues stats, standings and leaders in real time. You can't compare it to any other Baseball simulation because there is nothing else like it. The main unique focus of the game is for multi-player live leagues and tournaments. You can also play solitaire as an added play format with any season in the DYNASTY League Baseball Library. The pricing model is very similar to other multi-player games such as Everquest and World of Warcraft.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6
Here is the link to the MLB.com news blog: "The Thrill of the Greatest Team bracket tournaments":

http://dynastyleaguebaseball.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/06/the_thrill_of_the_greatest_tea.html

The blog post discusses and shows screen shots of the unique experience of a real time multi-player Greatest Team bracket tournament that is only possible with DYNASTY League Baseball Online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0
The reason the game doesn't work on the iPad is due to Apple's decision to lock the iPad out from running 3rd party browser technologies like Flash and Sliverlight. There is no technical reason that game can't run on an iPad. Apple just won't allow it.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieHall
The reason the game doesn't work on the iPad is due to Apple's decision to lock the iPad out from running 3rd party browser technologies like Flash and Sliverlight. There is no technical reason that game can't run on an iPad. Apple just won't allow it.
Yeah we got that. I don't live in a cave. Was more wishful thinking than anything else.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Yeah, wow. So, I downloaded the version and played a game for free. I thought that while it lacked some of the polish and options of OOTP, I liked it and would consider playing again. Then I visited today and realized that it's actually a subscription fee: $15 a month, or essentially, $150 for the year. Are you kidding me?

I think the product is pretty good, but when you consider that I can go download OOTP8 off their site right now for absolutely free (and probably find files with roster updates, mods, etc.), how would that not be a better option? Based on the visuals, etc., I had assumed that the whole point of this was some type of free alternative to OOTP (or maybe a small, small subscription) generating money off ad revenues or whatever. OOTP debuts at like $39.99 and frequently goes on sale.

And if you're a 360 or PS3 gamer, you look at the resources that go into something like Call of Duty: Black Ops or any of the sports titles, and that's $60 up front for something you can play by yourself or online for a full year (or even longer) for hundreds of hours. How does a 90's-era text simulator warrant twice as much money? I'm not so much mad as I am frustrated for them b/c they put all this work into it, and their business model is just so backwards that I fell like 10 people are going to actually pay for it.
Dynasty and OOTP are two completely different games. OOTP is a great game in it's own right, but for replaying seasons and such, it simply doesn't have the statistical accuracy and detail, as well as getting so many small details in to the game.

Comparing Dynasty to OOTP is literally comparing apples to oranges.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »