Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #49
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Are there more fouls?

Are Career Mode transfers and progression fixed?
Old 11-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well, I decided to play a few more games today just to get a better feel if anything has changed. The game does feel different in a few areas. I started an FA Cup Tournament with Chelsea just to get a good variety of opposition and was pleasantly surprised with how varied the play was.

Good Things:
Most notably in my opinion are what seem to be much smarter runs by your teammates, at least if you're playing as a top level team.

You teammate's defensive AI seems to have improved. No more need for the constant switching of players and having to do everything yourself. Far fewer 'dumb' goals.

Pressure has definitely been reduced. They say they haven't changed anything in the engine, but keep saying they've tweaked how we 'see' things, whatever that means. All I know is that on World Class I actually have time on the ball and am finding more space in the middle. It helps make the pitch feel bigger and less like I have to hold down R2 and fly down the wings the whole time. Variety in play is there - from the CPU as well. Which brings me to...

The CPU offensive attack seems to have improved. Still not on par with what PES does in this department, but I can't predict the player paths like I could before. I long for more build-up in CPU play, but it's getting better. It's also dependent on what kind of team you play against. Again, this could be one of those things EA changed how we 'see' since I'm seeing a lot more variety in CPU play than I did pre-patch.

Bad Things
Tackling is still too easy on World Class. I'd say overall in general, but World Class is where I've been playing since the patch.

Fouls are still too few and far between. I've noticed more depending on what referee is working the match. Maybe this is another one of those stats EA changed how we 'see.' Who knows.

Still not enough offensive build up by the CPU. The variety is getting better, but seeing the CPU reset its offense would go a long way. Some of this could be attributed to me playing with Chelsea - as they prefer to absorb the attack and then tackle their way out of it (tactics setting for pressure is at 35).

I guess time will tell if I continue to enjoy the game in its current state. Neither game is perfect this year, but both games have these little nuggets that will keep me coming back to each to enjoy. It is a little sad that it's only early November and I'm already looking forward to improvements for 2012.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4
I want to be able to sell my f***ing players in career mode!!!!!! Also, does anyone have a problem with outside backs always floating inside to mark strikers that are 5 yards in front of the CBs? I always have to control them and move them to their proper position and it is annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #52
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
I want to be able to sell my f***ing players in career mode!!!!!! Also, does anyone have a problem with outside backs always floating inside to mark strikers that are 5 yards in front of the CBs? I always have to control them and move them to their proper position and it is annoying.
Yes! Those outside backs always want to go to the middle and mark attackers heading straight towards the centre back.

The strikers on your team always head to the corner even when the wing player is sprinting towards the same spot!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:51 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Legendary? Yes, shots were being delivered at will. You should read more posts through all the boards before assuming just because you are better at the sticks, doesn't mean that it's not happening to 80% of everyone. I haven't played more than 5 games on legendary yet post patch. I am working my way back to it so I can adjust from PES feel. Once I'm there, I'll seek guidance and develop a theory on that. For now, I'm playing world class.

I don't see why there is such a debate, it baffles me that others aren't seeing the same improvements. While slight, they are there. Does anyone know how to unpatch? I might make a video so I could put this 'placebo' effect to rest.
If you are on the PS3 then game updates can be removed from the PS3 main hub. Go to game files & find the relevant file for the FIFA patch & delete it. That simple. When you next load FIFA up it will prompt you to download the latest patch. Just select cancel & you can play the game in it's pre-patch form.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 19

Tackling is still lopsided in favor of the human. I've seen more runs by the CB. I saw a backward pass by the CPU on offense. It's too early to tell.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 9

Does anyone have any issues with player ratings in CM mode?

I play 15 min on all manual legendary. I play with Man U.

Ill score twice with a midfielder and his rating will be a 7.0 max!!!

I never ever get more than an 8 with anyone in the midfield or any forwards. I have gotten decent ratings for backs but never ever anywhere else. It is so annoying.

Even if a striker scores 2 or more goals he never gets man of the match or anything. Ill have a 4-3 thriller of a game and everyone will be around the 6.0 mark-same as even if i win 1-0.

I have tried it on WC but the same thing. Even on 10 min. Is there something I am missing or is this a regular thing for everyone on FIFA 11?

My striker could lead the league in goals but still be rated under 7.0 while other strikers who have half as many sit midway through an 8.

Anybody know how to resolve this, or give some feedback? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

player ratings have been terrible ever since they were put into the fifa series. not only are they horrible for your team, but then when you check around the league, cpu players have all ratings in the 8s and high 7s while you'll be lucky to have 1 player with a 7 rating.

by the way, did they take out the team of the season? i finished a season with real madrid and didn't see any team of the season announcement. weird. what's the point of the player ratings then lol.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »