Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

edited, internet issues

Last edited by Matt10; 11-13-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 07:04 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

For the last time, EA saying and EA doing are completely different. You guys can throw the "placebo" word any way you want - but there's a difference, enough to make me play 20 straight games. I don't give a hoot if EA "release" details or not. I'd honestly rather they not because 9/10 they don't deliver. So if fixing one of the ratings or whatever else was within the patch, if it helped adjust the teammate AI defensively - then I'm grateful, and before this patch - that was a gamebreaker, now...guess what.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:36 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm wondering if the change in play are a result of things they patched or changes to the roster. It seems different to me, but I'm wondering if the pressure and runs and the like are tweaks to tendencies and ratings instead of engine tweaks. If that's the case, EA Rom isn't lying.

Did anyone try it post-patch without new rosters? I loaded a saved career and it didn't seem different, but a new career with updated rosters did. Sadly, I didn't think of why it felt different till after I deleted the old career so can't really test it out.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 8

Did I miss a squad update? I hooked up to the internet yesterday and, when I launched FIFA11, it did a download event ... but it did not tell me if it was one thing (patch) or two things (squad + patch). Also ... I did many of the stadium renamings in October ... and I think a new squad file would overwrite that ... (and that would make me sad) ... is there a way to know if I got *all* of the internet-related information that was available yesterday?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #45
Rookie

ecantona99's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Don't know how some of you guys can see no gameplay changes? What have you been watching the last couple of months? I mean this in offline gameplay only.

Do you guys remember how easy it was for the CPU to have 14-30 shots on you per game on World Class? Remember that was because when they played that perfect through ball/pass into their attacker, it was because your defender stopped and no matter how good his ratings, would be left alone on an island.

The patch, somehow, has made it where your defensive line actually plays as a line. You will get secondary help (without pressing the button as well) and thus the attacks can be squashed a lot easier.

The game by far is not easier on WC. The only thing is "easy" is the tackling, this is and always will be a concern. I've accepted it for what it is, but to ignore the changes to the back line and the way the CPU attack in regards to less "cheating", I'd say that would warrant a 2nd chance.

I hope someone who hasn't patced up can notice the differences. I'm not a fanboy by any means, heck I haven't touched the offline since 2 months ago - so this update got me going again, that's saying something.
At first I was going to say that I saw no difference in the 2 games that I played. But after reading Matt10's post, I have noticed that the CPU gets off less shots on WC which is all I play on. It also seems like you have a "little" more time on the ball but not much more than before. The passing is less predictable too from the CPU. I probably should probably play a few more games to make a definitive decision, but for now it's a small step......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

lol how the heck did cpu teams get 14-30 shots vs. you? that has never happened to me and i play every game on legendary (i played with every team from cska moscow to aston villa to liverpool to real madrid - never happened).

yes there were times when defenders would look like their actions are scripted rather than actually having them do what you need them to do, but that still happened to me at times after the patch last night.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #47
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Did I miss a squad update? I hooked up to the internet yesterday and, when I launched FIFA11, it did a download event ... but it did not tell me if it was one thing (patch) or two things (squad + patch). Also ... I did many of the stadium renamings in October ... and I think a new squad file would overwrite that ... (and that would make me sad) ... is there a way to know if I got *all* of the internet-related information that was available yesterday?
There really is no way to tell if there is a new squad update since EA does not date them.

I will check to see if downloading the new squads wipes out the stadiums. The only league I have done is the EPL, so I dont mind doing them again.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMVP91
lol how the heck did cpu teams get 14-30 shots vs. you? that has never happened to me and i play every game on legendary (i played with every team from cska moscow to aston villa to liverpool to real madrid - never happened).

yes there were times when defenders would look like their actions are scripted rather than actually having them do what you need them to do, but that still happened to me at times after the patch last night.
Legendary? Yes, shots were being delivered at will. You should read more posts through all the boards before assuming just because you are better at the sticks, doesn't mean that it's not happening to 80% of everyone. I haven't played more than 5 games on legendary yet post patch. I am working my way back to it so I can adjust from PES feel. Once I'm there, I'll seek guidance and develop a theory on that. For now, I'm playing world class.

I don't see why there is such a debate, it baffles me that others aren't seeing the same improvements. While slight, they are there. Does anyone know how to unpatch? I might make a video so I could put this 'placebo' effect to rest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »