Home

Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview

This is a discussion on Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan980
To me, the price is somewhat reasonable. Keep in mind, you get their whole library of seasons to use. Normally, in these types of ventures, they charge $19-$29 to own a single season.

This model really works well for me. I like playing tournaments/games from a lot of different seasons, but probably don't get enough value out of buying one single season. Now I can pick and choose what I want to play.

But as I mentioned earlier, the firewall issue is a bummer. I really have no other internet type issues like this at work either.
Still....for those of us who like to build a dynasty, vs just play in tournaments or 1 season, the price tag is just too high. Like I said, if the $60 was a one time fee...maybe, just maybe I could see this.

I just don't think with this price tag it will appeal to the masses. Even, if you do play a season, not many people play out every game, and I bet most die hard fans can get thur a season in less than a month. The tournaments are good...but for long term plus price...I can't see how someone is gonna put out $14 a month.

Don't get me wrong...the game is just great. I only wish OOTP had some of the tools that this one has. I could see myself playing this for many many years.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
The ground breaking focus of DYNASTY League Baseball Online is the multi-player league play. Only in DYNASTY League Baseball Online can you play in a multi-player Greatest Team league or continous Draft league and have stats, standings and leaders updated in real time and have the ability to either play the game out live via a live opponent or sim the game with the computer manager. You can join a Public league or create a Private league with your own friends so it is quite a bit like Fantasy Baseball except instead of accumulating points you actually play out the games live vs. each other. We finished our first pilot test league this past year and the league experience was totally amazing.

Getting to play "Series" solitaire at anytime with the complete DYNASTY League Baseball Library of seasons and also play in the multi-player Greatest Team bracket tournaments just adds that much more value to what you are getting.

DYNASTY League Baseball Online is also not static. Every week if not every day new features are being added and you are the first one to get any new season releases. You never have to install, download or pay for updates, upgrades or fixes it is all done for you automatically on the server side.

You can't really compare DYNASTY League Baseball Online to anything else because there is nothing else like it.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan980
Thanks for the offer Mike, but unfortunately I don't think I can e-mail my IT department with a "Hey, can you open up a port so I can play a game at work" type e-mail.

As I mentioned earlier, I really don't have any issues with any other internet apps at work. I wonder why I'm having problems with this.
The issue is the Microsoft Silverlight Technology. It is limited by Microsoft to specific ports, and unfortunately a lot of IT departments blanket-block any port except for port 80.

There is almost no risk to opening the outbound ports required for Dynasty League Baseball Online to work, but you do have to convince your IT department to do so, which obviously might not be an easy thing to do depending on where you work.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
SKI-U-MAH

thumstyx's Arena

OVR: 7
Very Interested in trying this out - but unable to sign up for account as of 11/11/2020 - returning error "There was an error creating your account. Please try again. If you are receiving this error message repeatedly, please contact tech support."
Old 11-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6
Please contact support at: [email protected]. There have not been any previous issues reported in creating an account.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
An update last night temporarily broke new user registration, but it is back up and running now. Sorry you ran into trouble.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #23
SKI-U-MAH

thumstyx's Arena

OVR: 7
I was able to create the account - Awesome first game against the CPU - Looking forward to joining some tournaments this weekend. Absolutely great product here. Well done. Very enjoyable.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #24
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
I really like the game, and even played the board version way back in the early 90s when it was Pursue the Pennant. I've always been a big tabletop sports gamer from back in the Strat days through all the other products over the years.

That said, this isn't for me at this price point. I like to play single seasons solitaire style and at a more leisurely pace. With a subscription service I'd feel like I would have to be on it too much to get my money's worth.

That said, it's a great game and for the right person I would recommend it. It's just not for me at this time.

I hope it is possible to buy and play single seasons against a good AI opponent in the future and just somehow own the game so you can play whenever you want. I know there is a traditional PC game of this available but I'm not sure of it's future. I do like the "play anywhere" aspect though, and would welcome that if the game ever suited my needs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »