Home

Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview

This is a discussion on Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Overview

I just tried connecting from work during my lunch break, and it seems to timeout at the "Connecting to Game Server" screen, which I can only imagine is a Corporate firewall issue.

Shame, because I could really see myself playing a few games at lunch, but doubt it will get much time when I'm at home.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
The price tag for this is....well, yikes. No thanks.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6
If you can't get through a corporate firewall, you can email [email protected] if you would like the port number so that you can ask your local IT department to open the port.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
MVP

To me, the price is somewhat reasonable. Keep in mind, you get their whole library of seasons to use. Normally, in these types of ventures, they charge $19-$29 to own a single season.

This model really works well for me. I like playing tournaments/games from a lot of different seasons, but probably don't get enough value out of buying one single season. Now I can pick and choose what I want to play.

But as I mentioned earlier, the firewall issue is a bummer. I really have no other internet type issues like this at work either.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
If you can't get through a corporate firewall, you can email [email protected] if you would like the port number so that you can ask your local IT department to open the port.
Thanks for the offer Mike, but unfortunately I don't think I can e-mail my IT department with a "Hey, can you open up a port so I can play a game at work" type e-mail.

As I mentioned earlier, I really don't have any issues with any other internet apps at work. I wonder why I'm having problems with this.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #14
Rookie

Make sure you have the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in installed. You can also try a different browser. There is a small chance there might be an issue with a missing player rating in one of the teams you selected in "Series". You can delete the "Series" you created and then try two different teams. If none of that works, then yes it looks like the corporate firewall is blocking the game server port and it needs to be opened.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
Make sure you have the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in installed. You can also try a different browser. There is a small chance there might be an issue with a missing player rating in one of the teams you selected in "Series". You can delete the "Series" you created and then try two different teams. If none of that works, then yes it looks like the corporate firewall is blocking the game server port and it needs to be opened.
I just upgraded the Silverlight plugin, restarted my browser, changed to the current WS teams, and tried to re-start without success.

Looks like a great product, best of luck guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
Rookie

One other idea especially for "lunch" if you have a notebook, would be to play at one of the public wifi places like Panera Bread, Barnes and Noble, Starbucks or Whole Foods. I have played DYNASTY League Baseball Online a lot in those places and it worked perfectly. The only place I could not connect was at the public library.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »