Home

Dynasty Musings: The Show is Still King

This is a discussion on Dynasty Musings: The Show is Still King within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
I wish the NBA games would adopt this feature as well...this would go so well with dynamic attendance
Old 11-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
I am still playing the The Show 2009, that is how amazing that game is. While I agree The Show is really one of if not the best sports game I will say NBA2K11 is right there in the cat birds seat. Both games are amazing in gameplay, presentation and depth.

As a guy who loves and still plays The Show 2009, should I just wait for the 2011 version at this point? Again I am 2-3 year sports game cycle player unless the jump is very noticible. I had read and heard 2010 was basically the same exact game gameplay wise and it was more visual touches that were enhanced as well at RTTS (which I don't play) with the be a catcher mode.

Thoughts?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Dynasty Musings: The Show is Still King

110% agree that the Show is still king. With that said, bring on MLB 11
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
110% agree that the Show is still king. With that said, bring on MLB 11
My thoughts exactly!

Good write up MMChrisS, getting the blood pumping for the game! Was a fun little read!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Gotta give 2K11 its props. So for me, I've said I consider 2K11 and The Show to be the co-Champions right now.

Because even as great as 2K11 is.... NOBODY is wiping out The Show. Period!!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
Some of the things that The Show does better are a result of how rosters are managed in mlb particularly with minor league teams and salary arbitration and different types of free agents. Those things just don't exist in the nba plus the commentary is stale in The Show how many times does Rex Hudler have to annoy me just because I swung at one bad pitch.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 11
Gotta agree. Although at some times I feel that some of the hitting is scripted, the overall package is one to behold. NBA 2K11 is a close contender but has one too many kinks in the armor to declare it the best sports title this year. If VC iron out a some of the control and animation issues for 2K12, then we could be tooting a different tune on this topic next year. One thing The Show really needs is automatic roster updates, where you don't have to constantly go in and save.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #16
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I absolutely agree with Chris on this one.
While I do agree that MLB is the King as far as franchise/dynasty, I also have to say that there are things that need to be addressed as well and some just tightened up.
With that out of the way....the sheer amount of options that can be controlled manually/automatically and a hybrid of both is just amazing.
I've now played them all(the '10 sports games) and while I agree that NBA2K11 is an amazing game...all around, gameplay/editing/options and franchise mode has MLB The Show as tops without question.
Give me the ability to edit coaches/managers.......the ability to update my franchise on the fly and an explanation of the training( I'm looking at you Kolbe! ) and I'll be good to go.
(okay...beef up the ticker....and spruce up the presentation....AND....add a daily/weekly sports update show(video or a "radio" show that plays in the background)...and I'm in heaven.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »