Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

Again ... from the EA UK forums ...

=====
Hi everyone,

First of all, we’d like to thank you all for your continued patience while we work on the latter stages of the FIFA 11 XBOX 360 and PS3 patch release. We’d like to update you about that, as well as share some information regarding an upcoming update for the FIFA 11 Ultimate Team downloadable mode.

- After months of hard work, the FUT 11 console dev team are happy to bring you the latest iteration of the mode earlier than ever and, for the first time, free of charge! Part of the process for getting the game into your consoles will be a downloadable game update for XBOX 360 users on November 1st, this prepares the game to receive the FUT DLC that will be made available on November 3rd. And PS3 users will be prompted to download an update that contains FUT on 3 November itself (although in some regions it may be available November 2nd). It’s important to note that in both cases the update you download will NOT address any FIFA 11 console issues, it only contains the FUT 11 game mode. Our certification submission with Microsoft and Sony for FUT started prior to FIFA 11’s launch and is a completely separate thing.

- While we don’t have the official date for the FIFA 11 console patch just yet, we can assure you it is coming soon; we’re looking at a mid-November time frame. This update will have many of the fixes you have all asked for. As it happens, we were able to get the patch submitted to Microsoft and Sony just after the FUT 11 update was approved, helping us to streamline that process and avoid any conflict between FUT 11 and FIFA 11 console.

Any questions, let us know!
=====

The main thing that stands out to me ... "we’re looking at a mid-November time frame" ... really? For a game that I purchased in early-October? More than one month of "non-usability"? Will I be receiving a rebate of $5 (1/12 of $60)?

Why does Ultimate Team have a place in the queue ahead of the FIFA11 patch? Fix the basic game first ... then worry about your money-grubbing add-ons ...

Last edited by SpHSpH; 10-28-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #58
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

My concern is that the patch for cup match ups will only be effective for new careers and not your ongoing one. This so wouldn't surprise me.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

if they fix player progression, I'll have no problem at all re-starting my career. My team keeps getting worse (low budget team) as it is now.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Goodness, I just hope they listened and actually addressed the concerns. I miss loving this game.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #61
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

How charitable for them to give us a mode that is free of charge in their other games (correct me if I'm wrong), for free!

As for the patch, I really don't think that they are thinking along the same lines most of us are, but rather the technical short-comings of the game, not the gameplay. I hope I'm wrong, because I enjoyed my first few days with this game. Looks like it is back to gamefly, though, not waiting until Mid-November.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #62

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Why does Ultimate Team have a place in the queue ahead of the FIFA11 patch? Fix the basic game first ... then worry about your money-grubbing add-ons ...
Did you even read what you quoted?

"Our certification submission with Microsoft and Sony for FUT started prior to FIFA 11’s launch and is a completely separate thing."
Old 10-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #63
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedache
My concern is that the patch for cup match ups will only be effective for new careers and not your ongoing one. This so wouldn't surprise me.
I just hope the cup draw -- or more accurately, the lack of a draw -- is a bug that can/will be fixed and not a "year one" design decision. I understand your frustration if far into a career, but once I heard about the progression & cup issues I decided to wait on starting one. Patches for issues within franchise/dynasty/career modes don't always require a new game save to take effect, but it seems they often do. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 8

I am following the EA boards quite regularly. Here is the next update on this ...

=====
UPDATE Nov 1
- I have the list for offline fixes, now we're looking at online ones, making sure we captured everything
- We are acknowledging issues with Online Pass on x360, after the Kinect update. If you fail making it past the boot flow, try again, until you succeed. Took me 5 times on my retail console. We are working towards a fix.
=====

Another sort-a "vague" update ... but it is something ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »