Home

NBA Jam Release Date, 11/17 - 49.99 - Title Update in December (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Jam Release Date, 11/17 - 49.99 - Title Update in December (360, PS3) within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #57
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NBA Jam Release Date, 11/17 - 49.99 - Title Update in December (360, PS3)

I wouldn't say that the cost for everything is relative. Sometimes money just weighs in differently depending on what it is. I'm not suddenly saying that I'll only pay a dime for a burger because it only takes a few minutes to eat. So I wouldn't think of it that way.

And I don't want those to be comparisons (the game and the television set), I just wanted you to understand what kind of mindset that I had but in a different light. Remember, I'm the guy who said I would stop buying McDonald's double cheeseburgers because they increased the price not only be 20 cents, but also by 20%. I'm all about percentages and the value that I get out of them, and less about how much I'm actually spending. Obviously if I'm out to get a television, I'm already looking in the hundreds/thousands anyway so that point is moot.

I don't buy many games. As you can see, I've only purchased 12 in the last 2.5 years (and I received two as gifts), and none of them have been basketball games. I'm a pretty big basketball fan, but I just haven't been able to justify paying $60 for one yet. Heck, I haven't even been searching the bargain bin.

Oh, and I'm also the kind of guy who says if I can't get the $1/hr ratio out of my games, it might only be worth a rental or "borrow from a friend," and not a purchase. I just see this game as very worthy at a $20 price tag if it was stripped down in features. Hell, even if it wasn't stripped down in features. I've mentioned other games on here which are fully featured and are downloadable only games at $15 price tags, and I have no problem buying them. I just see NBA Jam to fit that model... or at least the version that was packaged into Elite. As you can see from this thread, I think many other people feel the same.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 10-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #58
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I just see this game as very worthy at a $20 price tag if it was stripped down in features. Hell, even if it wasn't stripped down in features.
A) It's not stripped in features (which now suddenly is a bad thing?).
B) So you want it to be five dollars more expensive than NBA Unrivaled.

Quote:
I just see NBA Jam to fit that model... or at least the version that was packaged into Elite.
I really don't get this. You said yourself earlier you were going to get Elite mainly for the feature-stripped Jam, which would be 63 dollars. Elite got shelved, Jam gained features and lost 10 dollars, and now it's a no buy?

I honestly think if you are going to play the game as much as you say you want to, you'll get close enough to that $1 per hour thing. But neither of us are going to budge on our viewpoint. Go ahead, wait for a price drop, or rent it. Make that vote with your wallet. I'm sure there will be plenty of other non-hardcore forum users (which DickDalewood referenced) that pick this game up because it will be fun.

EDIT: I do believe in full disclosure, so here goes. I am about to preorder the game on Amazon, on which I have 20 dollars worth of pre-order credits for buying Lucha Libre AAA (which was a giant waste of my sixty dollars) and WWE SDvR. I do not see this as the correct value for the game. I see it as an amazing deal I cannot pass up.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #59
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
A) It's not stripped in features (which now suddenly is a bad thing?).
B) So you want it to be five dollars more expensive than NBA Unrivaled.
A) I just don't want to have to pay more. I'm not going to utilize the new modes, so why should I have to pay for them? That's why I made the TV example.

B) Gee, when you put it that way I see what you mean. Unrivaled is awful. But since when have games been priced at released based on their quality? Look at your Madden's and MLB 2K's as of late.

Quote:
I really don't get this. You said yourself earlier you were going to get Elite mainly for the feature-stripped Jam, which would be 63 dollars. Elite got shelved, Jam gained features and lost 10 dollars, and now it's a no buy?
I never said I was going to get Elite. I must have been misunderstood in my post earlier. Elite was never, and probably will never, be a part of my purchase plan (if it stays on its current route).

Quote:
I honestly think if you are going to play the game as much as you say you want to, you'll get close enough to that $1 per hour thing. But neither of us are going to budge on our viewpoint. Go ahead, wait for a price drop, or rent it. Make that vote with your wallet. I'm sure there will be plenty of other non-hardcore forum users (which DickDalewood referenced) that pick this game up because it will be fun.

EDIT: I do believe in full disclosure, so here goes. I am about to preorder the game on Amazon, on which I have 20 dollars worth of pre-order credits for buying Lucha Libre AAA (which was a giant waste of my sixty dollars) and WWE SDvR. I do not see this as the correct value for the game. I see it as an amazing deal I cannot pass up.
Good for you! I really do mean that. I would love to own this game. I just don't want to pay $50 for it. I'm not going to play it that much and I'm not going to delve into the newly attached modes either. You're right that I can wait for a price drop, but at the same time I still do feel like this would have been a very successful DLC game.

I don't really think we're on different wavelengths (except how you thought I wanted to buy Elite... I'll look into that post), I just think we perceive how we spend our money differently as well as how we're going to get that bang for our buck most effectively.

I think instead of television sets, a fairer example would be how many Blu-ray movies are now released with a DVD version and a digital copy of the movie. I can see how some people can give that use (maybe they have a laptop that can't play Blu-rays, etc.), but I just see it as me paying $5 extra for no reason other than to have two extra discs I will give no use for.

EDIT: Oooh, I think I see where you thought I wanted Elite. Was it here?

Quote:
I don't want Elite, I want the Jam game packaged with it (downloadable on PSN). I'm not sure if I care about online play (which I didn't beg for), but all I want is what the SNES version had. I don't have an SNES anymore, so I'd like to have that again. If it's reinvented like the TMNT game that's all good and dandy, but I have other basketball games that I'd rather shell the cash to play the full experience.
I'll rewrite that:

Quote:
I do not want to buy NBA Elite, the demo was awful. It's not like I can buy it anyway since it has been delayed, but that stripped version of NBA Jam packaged with NBA Elite seems pretty interesting. If that stripped version were released in the online store for $20 or so, that would be a great investment! I would like to see that version of the game as an option, not just the fully-featured $50 version. That way I can play as I intended to, and pay just for that much as well. I'm sure those modes are great, but that's not what I want to invest into NBA Jam. For around $50, I might as well go for NBA 2K11 when I want more modes. I just want NBA Jam for the awesome two-on-two action that the SNES version had, and in this day and age I'd say that $20 is a good maximum price point for that experience.
I hope that makes sense.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 10-27-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #60
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

You're right about the Elite thing I kept referencing. I think I misunderstood this line:

Quote:
I don't want Elite, I want the Jam game packaged with it (downloadable on PSN).
And I completely ignored one of your posts that said:

Quote:
I was not going to buy Elite just for NBA Jam (I never was going to buy Elite), however I was hoping for them to release the same version (that is packaged with Elite) independently.
I apologize, Blzer. I misrepresented your viewpoint. I kind of got caught up in my fervor, heh.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #61
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I can't believe it took someone this long in the thread to mention it.

No one was "up in arms" about the Wii's price. Now, it's the same exact game and people complain?

Give me a break.
Could be because no one here cares about the Wii.

And could we PLEASE stop saying "Well it was 50 dollars then" blah blah blah. Yes, it was $50 THEN. Guess what? In the early 80's, VHS tapes were $80. Things go down in value over time. If any other SNES games were re-released and it cost $50, NO ONE would buy it or even consider buying it. What makes NBA Jam so different? People keep saying "It's a fully featured game." What the heck are these features that are so special? Online play, HD graphics and remix mode. Not special.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #62
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
nobody cared about it being $50 on the Wii because nobody has a Wii.

there are two sides here.

a. people who planned on having it for FREE with Elite and now have to pay $50 for it (maybe they don't care about the extra features, just want to play the CPU)...reasonably upset I would say.
b. people who still think it's good value and don't mind paying for it because it has more features than they expected.

neither side is wrong.

but it does really irk me that a mod is in here being blatantly ignorant and refusing to see the view of the other side and taking shots at the "community"
This is laughable. I find it funny you'd make the assumption I can't see the other side simply because I don't agree with it. But yea, attack my stance and not the points I brought up, because that would cause one to engage in factual discussion.

Again, a large group of individuals complained about having to buy Elite. Now they complain because it's less than the price of a regular title with more features than they charged on the Wii.

Spare everyone with "no one has a (or cares about the) Wii.". That's the worse argument I've seen. The largest selling console that no one apparently has suddenly.

Guess what - you can always NOT buy it. That's your power as a consumer. If more of you valued that you wouldn't complain as much.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
[OS Vets NBA 2k7 Champion]
Now Playing: TLOU: Remastered
Quote:
Operation Sports is NOT a website for you to bitch and moan about sports gaming.
That's not the meaning of constructive criticism.

*Official Miami Heat Haters Club Member #1*
Old 10-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #63
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Could be because no one here cares about the Wii.

And could we PLEASE stop saying "Well it was 50 dollars then" blah blah blah. Yes, it was $50 THEN. Guess what? In the early 80's, VHS tapes were $80. Things go down in value over time. If any other SNES games were re-released and it cost $50, NO ONE would buy it or even consider buying it. What makes NBA Jam so different? People keep saying "It's a fully featured game." What the heck are these features that are so special? Online play, HD graphics and remix mode. Not special.
A) It IS a fully featured game... Whether or not you care about those features is a completely different argument that applies to ANY game.

B) VHS tapes have dropped in value because they are no longer a supported format... However, put those same movies onto a bluray disc with updated HD visuals and guess what? They cost the same price as any other bluray. Add more features, like making of, behind the scenes, etc and guess what again? We have a $30 movie that was released twenty years ago. Now, imagine if they actually went in and tweaked the acting and overall quality of that film?

I'd say (for Jam) new moves and tweaked gameplay, a 30+ hour Remix Tour, a ladder mode AND online play is just as "special" of a feature package as what most other sports games give us with a bland offline franchise, all-star weekends, and online play. The only real titles that may offer more in terms of depth are The Show and 2K11... And what do you know, they cost $10 more.

I understand the personal preference of not WANTING to spend the money on this title, but to argue, in terms of the market, that this title is not worth it's cost is ridiculous. If that is what many of you believe, then you better be in the same boat as Blzer that NONE of these games today are.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 10-27-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #64
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Spare everyone with "no one has a (or cares about the) Wii.". That's the worse argument I've seen. The largest selling console that no one apparently has suddenly.
I think the only real argument I had here was that I wasn't complaining about the $50 price tag on the Wii because I hadn't even heard of it, let alone the fact that I don't own a Wii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I understand the personal preference of not WANTING to spend the money on this title, but to argue, in terms of the market, that this title is not worth it's cost is ridiculous. If that is what many of you believe, then you better be in the same boat as Blzer that NONE of these games today are.
You're right, though... in today's game market, I do believe the game in its current form is worth $50 given all of the features. As we already know, I just don't want to spend that much. However I also do believe that games like this can sell on Live and PSN very well with lower costs (as they won't need to spend as much for production, distribution, and hell even in marketing) and the same exact features. I was very much expecting them to release a version like the one in Elite in the online stores though. Oh well, I can be patient waiting for a price drop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »