Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #49
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegalvan
^^ your issue isnt with a glitch in the game, its that you are trying to sell high priced players in their 30s.

switch their status from "for sale" to "season loan" and you will have a lot more success in drawing a return. there are only a handful of clubs that can bring on that type of salary to begin with. so... unless there are major injuries, its highly unlikely anyone will purchase those players on the back end of their career (at that price).

thats real life.
Yes but it's happening with younger players like Fabregas as well. My guess is the transfer market is stricter for AI teams than it has been in the past. There are only a handful of teams that can afford these guys and they probably don't see them as much of an upgrade from the players they already have at that position so they don't bother making an offer.

Last edited by Stu; 10-22-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #50
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
Just remembered another problem with the game, some of the players have the wrong commentary names. How does this happen? I play as Arsenal and Sebastien Squillaci is ALWAYS referred to as Englehart. Also, if you have a player whose commentary name is Cole, you will find that the announcers can start talking about Joe Cole as if your player is the same person. Nothing that effects gameplay but is still a pretty big bug.
Who the hell is Sebastien Englehart? I play as Arsenal and sometimes Squillaci is referred to by his real name but most of the time, it's Englehart.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegalvan
^^ your issue isnt with a glitch in the game, its that you are trying to sell high priced players in their 30s.

switch their status from "for sale" to "season loan" and you will have a lot more success in drawing a return. there are only a handful of clubs that can bring on that type of salary to begin with. so... unless there are major injuries, its highly unlikely anyone will purchase those players on the back end of their career (at that price).

thats real life.
While I agree with you to an extent, there is no way that if Drogba is on the market that teams aren't lining up to try to get him away. Sure some may not feel that since he is 31-33 (depending on what year you're in) that he is still worth close to $40M but teams would offer around $32-35M for him. I am having the same problem with Arshavin and Rosicky at Arsenal and the fact that there is not one single team willing to put in any offer for either of those players isn't realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Selling players is broken. I can't sell Kalou either, who is young, fairly well rated, and certainly affordable. He's another that has been listed as for sale for 2 years with no action.

The CPU is willing to buy from other CPU teams based on the transfers I read headlines about, but they very rarely want to buy from me, unless it's some scrub.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #53
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichUT
Selling players is broken. I can't sell Kalou either, who is young, fairly well rated, and certainly affordable. He's another that has been listed as for sale for 2 years with no action.

The CPU is willing to buy from other CPU teams based on the transfers I read headlines about, but they very rarely want to buy from me, unless it's some scrub.
I sold Zidan from Borussaia Dortmund for $14 million. Not a star, but not a scrub, either.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #54
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

The cpu agression is just too much making play congested and the tackling is way to easy. Every teams defense feels like a stonewall whether it's a premier team or a low team. I thought World Cup 2010 had the perfect balance of tackling and the spacing on the field was better in my opinion making for runs and a looser feel. Fifa 11 is more frustrating than fun so hopefully they address these issues in the update.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 8

Here is the next update ...

=====
UPDATE Oct 25
- Getting closer to the point where we can submit the patch to our first party partners;
- We will communicate on content and release date shortly - first we need to make sure Microsoft and Sony are happy with what's in the patch;
- Of note, I am looking at the leaderboards and, well, some of the top ranked players should expect something to happen to their accounts ASAP... something not nice at all.
=====

The posters over at the EA UK boards are really ripping into EA for the delay with the patch and the lack of information / updates about the patch.

I am hoping it does something about (1) player progression in CM, (2) the super-killer CPU tackling, (3) the blatantly egregious application of the advantage rule (very favorable to the CPU), and (4) the non-random match-ups in national cup tournaments.

I have no interest in any online issues or Ultimate Team.

C'mon EA - win me back to FIFA11 with a good fix here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

SpHSpH I want exactly what you do in this update, minus number 2, to me it isn't a necessity but wouldn't hurt. It is amazing how in 2 years I've had a total of 6 player improvement emails and about 12-15 emails about players getting worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »