Home

NBA LIVE 10 Roster Update for the 2010-2011 NBA Season, Coming October 20th

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 10 Roster Update for the 2010-2011 NBA Season, Coming October 20th within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #25
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA LIVE 10 Roster Update for the 2010-2011 NBA Season, Coming October 20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
I don't understand why people are posting here talking about how "poor" and "weak" this update is or how the gameplay needs to be tuned. EA is giving you free rosters for an old game. Respect what they're giving you or don't post here.

EA knows the hill they're climbing now...I'm sure they realize how hard it is, even without all of the negative feedback.
Wasn't it negative feedback from these very forums that got Elite delayed, I personally think by delaying Elite, EA opened up a whole new can of worms now, with people wanting there voices heard....the problem is nobody wants too hear it!!!
If they didnt want all this attention they should have released Elite as is and started over for next year. But now us, the gamers know sometimes our voices are heard. I commend EA for that, but now EA along with Operation Sports as a Gaming forum need to adjust to the chatter going on because people do think now that there opinions are going to make a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Of Conduct
Is there any reason to think that with Peter Moore's comments about sports games eventually going in this direction (roster updates and tuning instead of full blown new games) that it is kinda the plan for NBA Live/Elite? ... and maybe even Madden eventually?
I think you may have misunderstood what Peter Moore was saying. What Peter was talking about was eventually games are going to be delivered directly to the consumer (via digital download) instead of through a retailer. No one is willing to go to that route yet but it's the eventual goal. That's what Peter was talking about.

You'll still see new games like you have always been seeing every year from us it's just that it will be going straight to you from a company like EA rather than through a retailer.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
I don't understand why people are posting here talking about how "poor" and "weak" this update is or how the gameplay needs to be tuned. EA is giving you free rosters for an old game. Respect what they're giving you or don't post here.

EA knows the hill they're climbing now...I'm sure they realize how hard it is, even without all of the negative feedback.
We were gonna be getting the free rosters anyways, they always update the previous game
Old 10-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #28
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Wasn't it negative feedback from these very forums that got Elite delayed, I personally think by delaying Elite, EA opened up a whole new can of worms now, with people wanting there voices heard....the problem is nobody wants too hear it!!!
If they didnt want all this attention they should have released Elite as is and started over for next year. But now us, the gamers know sometimes our voices are heard. I commend EA for that, but now EA along with Operation Sports as a Gaming forum need to adjust to the chatter going on because people do think now that there opinions are going to make a difference.
It took a lot more than just OS to delay the release of a major game. Did we have a part in it, possibly. And be my guest to talk negatively about EA, do what your heart wishes. Just don't do it in a thread about free roster updates.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 10-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #29
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
It took a lot more than just OS to delay the release of a major game. Did we have a part in it, possibly. And be my guest to talk negatively about EA, do what your heart wishes. Just don't do it in a thread about free roster updates.
I don't think I am talking negatively about EA, I am just voicing my disappointment as a long time EA supporter. That being said, I think as an EA Basketball game fan, that EA should throw us a bone now and then to keep us satisfied. Yes the roster updates are free, great! did I not say I was willing to pay for jersey updates. The Roster update isn't what I'm complaining about, its the lack of other stuff. Which again, I'd would be more than willing to drop a few dollars on to get.
IF YOU FEEL I AM TALKING NEGATIVELY ABOUT EA I'M SORRY! I'm a great talker but a bad typer and things don't come out the way they are supposed to.
THIS ON THE OTHER HAND:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoney253
*removed quote*
Come on man!! really you have to be a jackass like that, get out of the Elite/Live rooms!!!!!

Last edited by Pared; 10-19-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:33 AM   #30
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

Thats a little over the TOP...but a lot of people feel that and thats reality

Im all about the "FREE" roster update, but to be objective, the frustration being expressed is REALITY, and you know what, its not a bad thing

a lot of gamers bash ea cuz they brag about 2k but the reality is live/elite has an edge on key parts of the game that i know ive already pointed out multiple times

AGAIN, i love playing competitive online b-ball with live, and I CANT WAIT FOR THE ROSTER UPDATE
Ive always played with the suns, but now im playing with the heat, and my goal is top100

thanks blackflash and ea for the free roster update!!
business is business and some people cant understand that

take the time to get elite right, and hopefully it still comes out next spring!!!!
GO GATORS

Old 10-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

I'd say it's doing something for the people who play online. Especially if the rookies play like themselves. I don't really care what they look like as long as they are the right height and play the way they should play.

I can't wait to play with... Sac Kings, Utah Jazz, Boston Celtics, and MIL Bucks. Wash might be fun, too, I love Blatche in that game.

I've been just clowning on NBA Live 10 lately when I play it. I dunno if I'll get back into it or not after the update drops. Depends on how it goes.

Does that mean they will all have generic jumpers, too?

Edit: If you read this, I really want a response to the jumper part... that's pretty important IMO.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 10-19-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
I think you may have misunderstood what Peter Moore was saying. What Peter was talking about was eventually games are going to be delivered directly to the consumer (via digital download) instead of through a retailer. No one is willing to go to that route yet but it's the eventual goal. That's what Peter was talking about.

You'll still see new games like you have always been seeing every year from us it's just that it will be going straight to you from a company like EA rather than through a retailer.
This way you can't get ANY of your money back when the game is a disaster... niiiice
No refunds...
No Gamestop...
NO, THANK YOU!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »